Testing if there's a god (kind of)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2012, 03:41 AM
RE: Testing if there's a god (kind of)
are you healing well? Getting better? Good you are still alive, man.
And yes, I had this thought of "well if there is a god, good time to show now" a few years ago. By now, not anymore, at all. I am usually very rational, and when something bad happens, I work on a solution rather than trying to find out wether there is an invisible helper. I guess most here (on the forum) are like that - I hope Big Grin

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Where im from (UK) there isnt actually many religious people (they may say they are but never practise) and the roles of the church dont really get seen much......... however these same people (myself included) after injuring themselves or emapthising with somebody else can say "Jesus Christ!!!" or just "Jesus"

These people "bargain" with god in extreme times of stress "Please god dont do this to me" or "Save him this time and I will pray for you"

It is a strange thing how when our mortality is threatened the first thing people sometimes do is turn to god....... thats some serious shit implanted into almost everybodys Sub-C...... mixed in with basic instincts like fear.

Im glad your still with us OP....... obv "dog" has a plan for you Angel

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
14-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Hey, elemts.

So in your hour of need, you jokingly turned to God to save you from what seemed a hopeless situation... and you lived?

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
14-07-2012, 08:29 AM
(14-07-2012 06:03 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, elemts.

So in your hour of need, you jokingly turned to God to save you from what seemed a hopeless situation... and you lived?

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
No it was more of a (just rambling like thought after this)... so, I'll be dead soon.... and I'm alone....this sucks.... i really don't want to die.... nothing after wouldn't be bad though, it's not like I'll know it*.... odd I don't have a major problem.... i mean it's not like I want it, but I'm ok with it..... why do people turn to god?.... i wonder .... hey if there is one, scientific evidence exists, go for it! Big Grin nothing? yeah that's what I thought... i know there will hold some religious thing for me... oh well, it'll provide them comfort. maybe that's the whole thing with it, people seeking comfort when they don't have others, there's so much more I wanted to do, oh well. I really feel bad for the doctor, he's going to do all this work, and they'll just say god did it.

It all happened fairly quick, never a turning to god, just kind of questioning why it was others would. like it was a final mystery, and the half-joking thing which I knew wouldn't work. But I knew at the point I would definitely post it here if I lived Smile It held as mch weight in my thinking (a god) as when say a comedian/atheist says "if god exist, may he strike me dead" or something like that. You know nothing will happen.

To the * above:
* which considering I did at one point have what some would call a "near death experience" once before, although in it the people said, "god's a lie" so it was kind of funny. In the previous thing though I never saw family or friends, but it did shape my outlook on things (basically live without regrets--and in a way where if presented everything you did/said for eternity, you could live with the decisions). The preveious one was over 20 years ago about too.

Oh, and I forgot to quote Leela in this, but yes I am getting better I believe. The huge scar forming doesn't look that great, but it's something I'll just have to live with now (I'm really self conscious about scars). I'm a bit worried about the random pains (told it's ok... I trust the doctor, but when I know it can happen again... I try not to think about it to reduce stress Smile )
14-07-2012, 02:07 PM
(14-07-2012 08:29 AM)elemts Wrote:  [Oh, and I forgot to quote Leela in this, but yes I am getting better I believe. The huge scar forming doesn't look that great, but it's something I'll just have to live with now (I'm really self conscious about scars). I'm a bit worried about the random pains (told it's ok... I trust the doctor, but when I know it can happen again... I try not to think about it to reduce stress Smile )

Bio oil, good for softning scars.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
14-07-2012, 04:43 PM
(14-07-2012 02:07 PM)Karl Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 08:29 AM)elemts Wrote:  [Oh, and I forgot to quote Leela in this, but yes I am getting better I believe. The huge scar forming doesn't look that great, but it's something I'll just have to live with now (I'm really self conscious about scars). I'm a bit worried about the random pains (told it's ok... I trust the doctor, but when I know it can happen again... I try not to think about it to reduce stress Smile )

Bio oil, good for softning scars.
Something I might have to look into later... right now I'm still "open" and have staples in (no water or anything is supposed to touch the area yet). But I can see how the skin is going to leave a big scar... probably 10" or so, and about 1/8" - 1/4" wide.