Tetris movie in the works.... yes you read this correctly.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Tetris movie in the works.... yes you read this correctly.
Threshold Entertainment , the company that brought Mortal Kombat to the big screen is working on bring the classic game of Tetris to theaters with a live action film. This movie is described as a "Sci-Fi Epic". Larry Kasanoff, CEO of Threshold is quoted as saying

Quote:“This isn’t a movie with a bunch of lines running around the page,” We’re not giving feet to the geometric shapes.”

I cannot imagine how this movie will turn out but if it actually turns out doing very well I will dance in the middle of New York wearing nothing but sandals.

http://io9.com/the-tetris-movie-is-a-rea...1640933722

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
01-10-2014, 08:48 AM
RE: Tetris movie in the works.... yes you read this correctly.
(01-10-2014 08:45 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Threshold Entertainment , the company that brought Mortal Kombat to the big screen is working on bring the classic game of Tetris to theaters with a live action film. This movie is described as a "Sci-Fi Epic". Larry Kasanoff, CEO of Threshold is quoted as saying

Quote:“This isn’t a movie with a bunch of lines running around the page,” We’re not giving feet to the geometric shapes.”

I cannot imagine how this movie will turn out but if it actually turns out doing very well I will dance in the middle of New York wearing nothing but sandals.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-10-2014, 09:10 AM
(01-10-2014 08:48 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 08:45 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Threshold Entertainment , the company that brought Mortal Kombat to the big screen is working on bring the classic game of Tetris to theaters with a live action film. This movie is described as a "Sci-Fi Epic". Larry Kasanoff, CEO of Threshold is quoted as saying

I love that video so much.

Sadly, I recall there being a "story" to a tetris game once my friend owned for the xbox. They're always trying to jazz up tetris in some nonsensical way... but if it's not made as a labor argument about the duty and futility of men arranging the blocks, this film fails.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
01-10-2014, 12:32 PM

The Russian guy sounded very Welsh...

Never heard a Russian say...

"Alright butt... 'ow's it goin' like?"

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2014, 02:42 PM
(01-10-2014 09:10 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Sadly, I recall there being a "story" to a tetris game once my friend owned for the xbox.

There was a - very understated - "story" to my personal favourite Tetris port (an early 90s DOS version that ate up large portions of my childhood). Although by "story" I mean conveyed only in background art and music. Koschei-lookalike abducts princess from feast, knight rides to rescue her, happily ever after, roll credits etc.

So no, nothing actually to do with Tetris itself.

... this is my signature!
01-10-2014, 03:17 PM
(01-10-2014 12:32 PM)Sam Wrote:  

The Russian guy sounded very Welsh...

They are British (not sure which flavor of British) Comedy duo called "Pig with the Face of a Boy".

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-10-2014, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 07:45 AM by ELK12695.)

Yeah, well. I still remember this spoof

Quite frankly, I have no idea how they else could relate tetris to a movie with Sci-Fi elements than what I just posted. I reckon a Tetris movie will have as much in common with actual Tetris as much as Battleship had to do with the actual board game Battleship.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
02-10-2014, 05:21 PM
(01-10-2014 09:10 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

I love that video so much.

Sadly, I recall there being a "story" to a tetris game once my friend owned for the xbox. They're always trying to jazz up tetris in some nonsensical way... but if it's not made as a labor argument about the duty and futility of men arranging the blocks, this film fails.

You know I never thought about why I arranged the block before Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
02-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Tetris had a plot? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-10-2014, 06:40 PM
(01-10-2014 03:17 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 12:32 PM)Sam Wrote:  The Russian guy sounded very Welsh...

They are British (not sure which flavor of British) Comedy duo called "Pig with the Face of a Boy".

Wikipedia said "based in London"
http://pigfaceboy.co.uk/about/