Texas Church Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2017, 01:22 PM
RE: Texas Church Shooting
(06-11-2017 01:12 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 11:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  So they just interviewed some guy in that town. The question was: "Why do you think something like this happened in such a small town?" The guy said: " I don't know why. I am not going to try to figure it out, nobody but god knows why. Don't ask questions, just trust god, he knows".

(This was paraphrased)

This kind of crap is part of why religion thrives. Some horrible shit happens (shooting, cancer, whatever) and people automatically think: "Why? Why me?"

If you are handy with the god answer, it brings peace. Add in monotonous prayer activating endorphins...

Like they say, religion is the opium of the people. And when shit like this happens, they need their shot.

"You can never trust a junkie!"
-20th century proverb

[Image: 5ccb0fb468e1f953ce506695d32df3ab--gustav...-fring.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
06-11-2017, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017 01:33 PM by BikerDude.)
(06-11-2017 01:17 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 01:04 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Well we have made the big leagues.
We have our own terrorists.
He really might have been on this site.
I mean it.
http://nypost.com/2017/11/06/ex-friends-...us-people/
I guess even someone like that has their "good points".
The Post isn't usually a reliable source.

Touche!
Good catch!!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...40866.html

Quote:There's no suggestion that the attack was connected to atheism, or no clear evidence yet that the shooter held those beliefs

Internet atheists are being blamed for the deadly shooting in Texas, despite no evidence linking them to the shooter or his beliefs.

Police are still unclear why Devin Patrick Kelley took a gun into the Sutherlands Springs church and killed at least 26 people. But amid that confusing picture and lack of clear motive, many are rushing to use the attack to their own ends.

For some, that has included blaming famous online atheist personalities for the attack, despite denials from the police that the massacre was religiously motivated.

So we can call theists stupid without nervousness.
Wow. That was a close one.

06-11-2017, 01:36 PM
(06-11-2017 01:26 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 01:17 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The Post isn't usually a reliable source.

Touche!
Good catch!!!!

Quote:There's no suggestion that the attack was connected to atheism, or no clear evidence yet that the shooter held those beliefs

Internet atheists are being blamed for the deadly shooting in Texas, despite no evidence linking them to the shooter or his beliefs.

Police are still unclear why Devin Patrick Kelley took a gun into the Sutherlands Springs church and killed at least 26 people. But amid that confusing picture and lack of clear motive, many are rushing to use the attack to their own ends.

For some, that has included blaming famous online atheist personalities for the attack, despite denials from the police that the massacre was religiously motivated.

His wife's parents attend the church, although they weren't there that day, and one of his victims was his wife's grandmother.

I suspect that causing pain to his wife (don't know if they were estranged or even if they are still married) and his assumption that members of her family would be at the church on Sunday were behind his choice of venue.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
06-11-2017, 01:53 PM
Texas Church Shooting
I've heard it was based on a domestic issue with his mother in law.

But not sure If that links to domestic abuse for sure but what I've seen pointed out after a previous recent shooting was a noted trend that these types of shooters often seen to have had domestic abuse situations known. Having tighter evaluations could benefit these people when they are limited to what drives them over edges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-11-2017, 02:05 PM
I heard on CNN that he was court marshalled for abuse of his wife and child, jailed for a year and then given a bad discharge (I forgot what level, but it wasn't the worst.)

He texted his MIL the morning of the shooting, threatening her several times. His in laws usually go to that church, but were late that day and were not present.

For the military to treat you that harshly for domestic abuse - the abuse had to have been pretty nasty. He also has an animal cruelty charge against him for severely mistreating a dog.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-11-2017, 02:07 PM
(06-11-2017 01:36 PM)julep Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 01:26 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Touche!
Good catch!!!!

His wife's parents attend the church, although they weren't there that day, and one of his victims was his wife's grandmother.

I suspect that causing pain to his wife (don't know if they were estranged or even if they are still married) and his assumption that members of her family would be at the church on Sunday were behind his choice of venue.

(06-11-2017 02:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  I heard on CNN that he was court marshalled for abuse of his wife and child, jailed for a year and then given a bad discharge (I forgot what level, but it wasn't the worst.)

He texted his MIL the morning of the shooting, threatening her several times. His in laws usually go to that church, but were late that day and were not present.

For the military to treat you that harshly for domestic abuse - the abuse had to have been pretty nasty. He also has an animal cruelty charge against him for severely mistreating a dog.

Heard the exact same thing on NPR.

06-11-2017, 02:10 PM
(06-11-2017 12:30 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  One nod to "security" that I have taken is surveillance cameras.
We are wired up.
That has gotten so cheap that even if it never comes in handy it's worth it.
$35 bucks will get you a completely decent camera that you can monitor on a phone or tablet.

I use these. They're not as cheap as $35 (more like $120) but they're wireless so I can put them around the perimeter of my property.

#sigh
06-11-2017, 02:15 PM
(06-11-2017 01:26 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 01:17 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The Post isn't usually a reliable source.

Touche!
Good catch!!!!

So we can call theists stupid without nervousness.
Wow. That was a close one.

I blame Jesus.
He was distracted, soaking in all the glory and praise he was getting on Sunday morning, and forgot to look out for his sheeps. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-11-2017, 02:17 PM
(06-11-2017 02:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 12:30 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  One nod to "security" that I have taken is surveillance cameras.
We are wired up.
That has gotten so cheap that even if it never comes in handy it's worth it.
$35 bucks will get you a completely decent camera that you can monitor on a phone or tablet.

I use these. They're not as cheap as $35 (more like $120) but they're wireless so I can put them around the perimeter of my property.

Actually ours are wireless also.
Just not the power. I have to run power to them.
Using the app I can pan and zoom and talk and hear.
Night vision. Motion detection.
I have no complaints.

06-11-2017, 02:32 PM
(06-11-2017 02:17 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 02:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I use these. They're not as cheap as $35 (more like $120) but they're wireless so I can put them around the perimeter of my property.

Actually ours are wireless also.
Just not the power. I have to run power to them.
Using the app I can pan and zoom and talk and hear.
Night vision. Motion detection.
I have no complaints.

The power is the problem. Can't run lines to the perimeter of my property. These batteries supposedly last 2 years. It does have night vision and motion detection as well as a thermometer which lets me know if I need to cover my plants. But it don't have pan capability and while it does have a mic for recording it doesn't have a speaker for talking. I'm not sure I'm sold on them yet.

#sigh