Texas Church Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: Texas Church Shooting
(06-11-2017 02:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 01:26 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Touche!
Good catch!!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...40866.html

So we can call theists stupid without nervousness.
Wow. That was a close one.

I blame Jesus.
He was distracted, soaking in all the glory and praise he was getting on Sunday morning, and forgot to look out for his sheeps. Dodgy

I guess god was distracted by all those heathen gay and transgender people and was making sure they end up in hall but forgot to listen to the prayers of the "regular folks" in one of his houses of worship. What a dick god.

After the shooting one of the parishoners was saying..."they are with Jesus now." What a death cult Christianity is and it's a win-win situation with this invisible, undetectable god. If people die it's because god "called them home." If they live, "god answered their prayers". If they live but they have long term medical problems then "god is thesting them."

I think this milk jug scenario is one of the best videos on prayer EVER.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-11-2017, 02:57 PM
(06-11-2017 02:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 02:17 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Actually ours are wireless also.
Just not the power. I have to run power to them.
Using the app I can pan and zoom and talk and hear.
Night vision. Motion detection.
I have no complaints.

The power is the problem. Can't run lines to the perimeter of my property. These batteries supposedly last 2 years. It does have night vision and motion detection as well as a thermometer which lets me know if I need to cover my plants. But it don't have pan capability and while it does have a mic for recording it doesn't have a speaker for talking. I'm not sure I'm sold on them yet.

My property is just a double lot on a run of the mill city street so running power is not an issue.
Three cameras cover everything.
I don't like that I can't access the videos on the SD card remotely.
You have to remove the SD card as nearly as I can see.
I did see one post that you can access it via ftp. That would be cool and it makes sense. It's a simple thing for the manufacturer to include a simple ftp server.
You can remotely format the card to erase everything right from the app.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
06-11-2017, 02:59 PM
(06-11-2017 02:57 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 02:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The power is the problem. Can't run lines to the perimeter of my property. These batteries supposedly last 2 years. It does have night vision and motion detection as well as a thermometer which lets me know if I need to cover my plants. But it don't have pan capability and while it does have a mic for recording it doesn't have a speaker for talking. I'm not sure I'm sold on them yet.

My property is just a double lot on a run of the mill city street so running power is not an issue.
Three cameras cover everything.
I don't like that I can't access the videos on the SD card remotely.
You have to remove the SD card as nearly as I can see.
I did see one post that you can access it via ftp. That would be cool and it makes sense. It's a simple thing for the manufacturer to include a simple ftp server.

They have their own app. The base station has a web server running on it. I'm working on accessing it outside of their app.

#sigh
06-11-2017, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2017 03:30 PM by Shai Hulud.)
NPR update: Flaw in background check system probably led to legal purchase of firearms

Quote:Devin Patrick Kelley had an assault-style rifle and two handguns — all purchased by him, according to federal officials — when he drove to a small Texas church on Sunday, opened fire and killed at least 26 people.

He also had a known record of domestic violence. In 2012, while he was in the U.S. Air Force, he was court-martialed for assaulting his then-wife and their child. Under federal law, his conviction disqualified him from legally possessing a firearm.

Retired Col. Don Christensen, who was the chief prosecutor for the Air Force at the time of Kelley's general court-martial, tells NPR the case was serious.

"He fractured his baby stepson's skull," Christensen says.

---

It's not clear if his conviction was listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or if he would have been flagged as ineligible to purchase a firearm.

There are some "gaping holes" in the current background check system, as NPR's Danielle Kurtzleben reported last year, which can allow people who should fail background checks to buy guns anyway.

Kelley purchased four guns over a four-year period, according to federal officials; all those purchases were made after his court-martial conviction.

(06-11-2017 12:47 PM)epronovost Wrote:  BTW, I just learned the shooter was also an atheist who was very vocal about his disgust for religion, especially Christianity, and of religious people. I think we are about to see a wave of ''he was angry against God'', atheism leads to mass shooting. While I wouldn't deny that his anti-religious bigotry might have ''help'' him in the selection of his target and served as a catharsis for his hatred of pretty much everything, I think it will get lost in translation and it will feed anti atheist sentiment in the region.

Poor Hemant Mehta is really getting it over at Friendly Atheist. Activist Mommy and other Christian bloggers are blaming him for the shooting because the guy Liked the FA page on Facebook. And Drudge Report was running, last I checked, "CHURCH KILLER PREACHED ATHEISM" as its giant oversized headline.

Edit: Good news, the "CHURCH KILLER PREACHED ATHEISM" has been denoted to a normal size headline. Bad news, it seems Saudi Arabia has replaced that head, as it may or may not be hyperbolic, saying Lebanon has declared war on it by not reigning in Hezbollah. Normally would say "sheesh, more saber rattling and hyperbole", but given Lebanon's Prime Minister Hariri resigned after his Saudi visit this past week, the ongoing purge of parts of the royal family, and the war its having with Yemen...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-11-2017, 03:28 PM
(06-11-2017 03:23 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Poor Hemant Mehta is really getting it over at Friendly Atheist. Activist Mommy and other Christian bloggers are blaming him for the shooting because the guy Liked the FA page on Facebook. And Drudge Report was running, last I checked, "CHURCH KILLER PREACHED ATHEISM" as its giant oversized headline.

I hope he remains friendly. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-11-2017, 03:36 PM
(06-11-2017 03:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 03:23 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Poor Hemant Mehta is really getting it over at Friendly Atheist. Activist Mommy and other Christian bloggers are blaming him for the shooting because the guy Liked the FA page on Facebook. And Drudge Report was running, last I checked, "CHURCH KILLER PREACHED ATHEISM" as its giant oversized headline.

I hope he remains friendly. Smile

...I now hope that come April 1st he changes the site banner for a day to "The Unfriendly Atheist".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
06-11-2017, 03:42 PM

Now I have to add "church shooter" to the list of things I'll be accused of, along with "baby eater", "satanist", and "communist".

I don't watch Fox, but I remember the coverage on them flailing desperately to politicize the Vegas shooting, before anything was known. I can only assume they're doing the same thing, now. I'll have to check the Daily Show later for some cliff notes.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
06-11-2017, 03:46 PM
Absolutely no confidence in America sorting out it mass killings issue when the day after, the go to 'solution' is more gawd n more guns.
Psych tests before ownership, a ban on assault rifles would be a start but oh no we'll just pray about it. lol

The lord was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots of iron. Judges 1:19
[+] 3 users Like IronChariots's post
06-11-2017, 03:49 PM
(06-11-2017 03:46 PM)IronChariots Wrote:  Absolutely no confidence in America sorting out it mass killings issue when the day after, the go to 'solution' is more gawd n more guns.
Psych tests before ownership, a ban on assault rifles would be a start but oh no we'll just pray about it. lol

Before you ban - define " assault rifle"..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-11-2017, 03:52 PM
(06-11-2017 03:46 PM)IronChariots Wrote:  Absolutely no confidence in America sorting out it mass killings issue when the day after, the go to 'solution' is more gawd n more guns.

The problem is that if someone knows a "failed" psych test will result in them not being able to buy guns, they'll fake it in order to pass, leading to a situation where people who need psychological help will A: not get it and B: still be able to get guns.

Heck, if I can pass a psych eval anyone can. You just have to know which boxes to check which is, ironically, probably easier for a psychopath with an objective and an understanding of how to engage in manipulation than for a relatively average person answering honestly.

'Murican Canadian