Texas Church Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: Texas Church Shooting
Why do we need long guns that have more than one round capacity?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2017, 04:18 PM
(06-11-2017 04:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 03:54 PM)IronChariots Wrote:  Grab a dictionary and help yourself Smile

See - there's the problem...

You wish to ban that which you have no knowledge of.

That's readily apparent when you use the term " assault rifle" as it's a media concoction invented to grab ratings.

There is no such classification by those that are expert in the field of firearms.
Incorrect. You asked for a definition so I gave you a reference point so you can help yourself. You are just being obtuse and I'm not playing Smile

The lord was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots of iron. Judges 1:19
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes IronChariots's post
06-11-2017, 04:19 PM
(06-11-2017 04:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Why do we need long guns that have more than one round capacity?

So bad shooters can kill things too

The lord was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had chariots of iron. Judges 1:19
[+] 2 users Like IronChariots's post
06-11-2017, 04:23 PM
(06-11-2017 04:06 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "Looks like" is a pretty lame way to pass laws.

To most people, if a gun is black, they'd think it was a military rifle.

I suppose manufacturers could start building the same weapons in day- glo orange or hot pink....

That'd make as much sense...

It might be "lame", but it seems it's not very difficult to use, especially as a starting point, for those jurisdictions that have banned or imposed restriction on those types of weapon. The best work around were not to change the color (pink guns don't sell really well, especially when you market your product as a badass gun), but by reducing the capacity of the magasine sold for those weapons and removing some options (mostly those that make the gun look more threatening, but are mostly useless like laser sights, grenade launchers, etc.). It's sometime followed with a change of name for the weapon. In the end, the result is a less dangerous weapon when it comes to mass shooting.

Tongue Maybe we should do that. A law that require guns to look as stupid, corny and kitch as possible. Teal tapestry on all handles, pink dice dangling from the canon at all time, silly names, terrible pastel color, instruction and maintenance guide riddled with silly drawings and expressions, options that include little plush bears or fake tea sets.Tongue

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
06-11-2017, 04:26 PM
(06-11-2017 04:19 PM)IronChariots Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 04:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Why do we need long guns that have more than one round capacity?

So bad shooters can kill things too
Silly me. Thumbsup
06-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Being a fan of tragicomedy here are some bat shit crazy statements I've heard, without looking
Please share any you know of...

"In the Face of Evil, Prayer Is the Most Rational and Effective Response"

Christian Pastor: God Answered the Prayers of Those Murdered in a TX Church

"Pray for Texas"

"What makes this worse is it was in a church"

06-11-2017, 05:00 PM
"Guns don't kill people, people totally need guns to kill people who have guns, though."

I love the double standard.

06-11-2017, 05:07 PM
(06-11-2017 04:03 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 03:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  Let's not play the "define the guns" game again! Weeping

You find emotional pandering more important than dealing in facts??

I think it' s important to know what you're talking about before you start offering solutions to problems you don't understand.

I think it's important to know what you're talking about before you start offering excuses to problems you choose to ignore.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-11-2017, 05:09 PM
"Dear Texas, send me money and I'll protect you better than your god."

Now, if they don't think about that too much...
06-11-2017, 05:13 PM

Why do you think you' re more qualified to decide what other people need??

Don't like repeating firearms??

Don't buy one.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.