Texas Church Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2017, 04:20 PM
RE: Texas Church Shooting
One report has it at least 27 dead now.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2017, 04:24 PM
(05-11-2017 03:47 PM)julep Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 03:41 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I blame Trump. Drinking Beverage Wink

But...but...

"This crime wave ends when Donald Trump becomes president. Believe me."
Donald Trump

It must be fake news.
The American carnage stopped "right here, right now", when the Orange Baboon was sworn in.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-11-2017, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2017 04:33 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(05-11-2017 03:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Guns have nothing to do with it.

Quote:Paddock planned the attack meticulously.[8] On September 25, six days beforehand, he checked in to a room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel,[52] with 10 range bags and a computer. On September 28, he moved to the corner suite which overlooked the festival grounds, and stayed there for three days.[46] There were 23 rifles and one handgun found inside his room by the police afterwards,[53][54] including four DDM4 rifles,[55] three FN-15 rifles, one AR-15 rifle with forward front grip, one .308-caliber AR-10 battle rifle, one AK-47, and at least one made-to-order LMT rifle,[56] all very expensive, according to a law enforcement source.[55] His arsenal included a large quantity of ammunition in special high capacity magazines, holding up to 75,[55] or up to 100 cartridges each.[57] Two of the rifles were resting on bipods,[55] and were equipped with high-tech telescopic sights.[58][59] Twelve of the weapons were outfitted with bump fire stocks, a recently-available firearms accessory that allows semiautomatic rifles to fire rapidly, simulating fully-automatic gunfire.[60] Audio recordings of the attack indicated Paddock used these stocks to fire at the crowd in rapid succession.

... Yeah, guns definitely have nothing to do with it. Laugh out load

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Pa...s_shooting

Mass shootings and guns are totally disconnected from each other. Totally.

[+] 6 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
05-11-2017, 04:32 PM
The U.S. desperately needs a real curb in its gun culture and a real commitment to gun control. But, there will never be a gun ban in a country that has as many guns as people, half of whom regard gun rights as inalienable as religious freedom. There will always be gun rights in America. Mass shootings and terrorism are two realities of modern life, the goal has to be mitigation, there is no cure-all solution.

"This can't be the new normal." It already is, where have you been? It will only get worse when people start making their own guns in large numbers, and then there are the drones...

O, mia patria, sì bella e perduta
05-11-2017, 04:36 PM
I haven't seen any details but given that Trump's only comments have been of condolences and he's not blamed anyone, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the shooter was white.

Call it a hunch.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
05-11-2017, 04:37 PM
(05-11-2017 03:57 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 03:49 PM)abaris Wrote:  Why? Waiting for data.

The deadliest mass shootings:
58 dead October 1, 2017
49 dead June 12, 2016
32 dead April 16, 2007
27 dead December 14, 2014
23 dead October 16, 1991

What he wrote is incorrect.
Added data but it's a dumb stat that for some reason leaves off century old murder waves that were at 100 dead total from a couple shooting up people. Those are for some reason ignored because they were notably race based.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-11-2017, 04:38 PM
(05-11-2017 03:53 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Negative. I need no argument against gun control. I have the 2nd amendment.

Except that your fearless leader has already cheerfully violated multiple amendments to the constitution, starting with his first day in office.

Funny thing about rights: once you take away others' rights, then it's that much easier to take away yours. Thumbsup

Oops.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-11-2017, 04:46 PM
(05-11-2017 03:53 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 03:45 PM)ImFred Wrote:  The argument that guns are acceptable because there are other ways to kill people is not or at least should not be persuasive. Removing guns would take away a very common method used to kill people. Any argument against gun control has to justify why it’s ultimately right for people to have easy access to killing machines.

Step two: Eliminate all gun owners in a civil war.

You've gone to plaid.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
05-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Will gun control prevent mass shootings?

Answer:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/November...is_attacks

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
05-11-2017, 05:00 PM
Gun Death Rate Rose Again in 2016, C.D.C. Says

”The rate of gun deaths in the United States rose in 2016 to about 12 per 100,000 people, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a report released on Friday. That was up from a rate of about 11 for every 100,000 people in 2015, and it reflected the second consecutive year that the mortality rate in that category rose in the United States.

“The fact that we are seeing increases in the firearm-related deaths after a long period where it has been stable is concerning,” Bob Anderson, chief of the mortality statistics branch at the health statistics center, said in a telephone interview on Friday. “It is a pretty sharp increase for one year.”

Mr. Anderson also said the rates for the first quarter of this year showed an upward trend, compared with the same three-month period of 2016.”

It can’t be the guns, probably the fault of the people who got in the way.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce