Texas Church Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2017, 10:16 AM
RE: Texas Church Shooting
(08-11-2017 10:02 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 09:39 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Explain how civilians are preventing the local and state police, ATF and FBI from enforcing existing gun control laws.

Easy enough. "That's not a priority for you right now."

???

This is a bit cryptic. Who's saying that to whom?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
08-11-2017, 10:28 AM
(08-11-2017 10:16 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 10:02 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Easy enough. "That's not a priority for you right now."

???

The head of any agency can set priorities for that agency. And the heads of the agencies are political appointees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2017, 11:06 AM
(08-11-2017 10:28 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 10:16 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  ???

The head of any agency can set priorities for that agency. And the heads of the agencies are political appointees.

OK, that explains how the heads of the agencies can keep them from enforcing the laws. It does nothing to explain how the ordinary civilian has anything to do with this.

However, I'll back out at this point is, since I'm not really clear on what the original argument was about. Gwaithmir can take it from here.
08-11-2017, 11:50 AM
I wasn't talking about the ordinary citizens anyway.
08-11-2017, 11:57 AM
(07-11-2017 11:01 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 10:28 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Well, it's a nonsensical deepity so I had to ask.
Tell me how you defend yourself with a gun.

Are you asking me specifically or generally? I'm also curious if you think police using their guns to save people from attackers isn't a form of defence. Or what your definition of defence even is as it doesn't seem to be the dictionary one.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
08-11-2017, 11:58 AM
(08-11-2017 11:57 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 11:01 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Tell me how you defend yourself with a gun.

Are you asking me specifically or generally? I'm also curious if you think police using their guns to save people from attackers isn't a form of defence. Or what your definition of defence even is as it doesn't seem to be the dictionary one.

People who say they would defend themselves with a gun never explain how they would do that. NEVER.
08-11-2017, 12:02 PM
(07-11-2017 11:18 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 08:43 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  But new laws COULD limit the rights of the law abiding - who by definition are not the problem..

Which seems to not matter to the gun grabbers...

You still haven't explained why requiring smart guns going forward would limit your rights.

Because they don't exist?????

There is no company making anything that can be reliable enough to be considered operational.

When the military adopts a unit and calls it good enough for military use, I' ll consider it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-11-2017, 12:08 PM
(08-11-2017 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 02:55 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Blanket making them like candy, and handing them out like candy sure seems to be working well.

And by that I mean, "BULLSHIT!"

I can assure you that firearms are not handed out like candy, your rhetoric notwithstanding.

He keeps claiming that the manufacturers are cranking guns out like popcorn , but despite my repeated requests to explain how to rectify that situation, he remains silent....

Conclusion - he just likes bitching.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-11-2017, 12:10 PM
(07-11-2017 02:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  But some guy with a military grade weapon came and turned them into new statistics.

The shooter did not use a "military grade weapon". He used a Ruger AR-556 which is a variation on the AR-15 which is a semi-automatic civilian rifle, and not "military grade".

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
08-11-2017, 12:18 PM
(08-11-2017 12:10 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(07-11-2017 02:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  But some guy with a military grade weapon came and turned them into new statistics.

The shooter did not use a "military grade weapon". He used a Ruger AR-556 which is a variation on the AR-15 which is a semi-automatic civilian rifle, and not "military grade".
How do we define "military grade"?