Texas Church Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2017, 04:11 AM
RE: Texas Church Shooting
(09-11-2017 12:13 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 12:42 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  That's not defence, that's reciprocal violence.

There's a bullshit answer for you if I ever saw one. Plead semantics all you want.

You, a military man, should know that defense often involves violence.

If someone starts whanging on you with their fists, are you not going to practice "reciprocal violence" to "defend" yourself? You gonna lay down and roll over?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
Do I need to use lethal force as my only means of response in a fist fight?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2017, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 06:59 AM by onlinebiker.)
(09-11-2017 04:11 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(09-11-2017 12:13 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  There's a bullshit answer for you if I ever saw one. Plead semantics all you want.

If someone starts whanging on you with their fists, are you not going to practice "reciprocal violence" to "defend" yourself? You gonna lay down and roll over?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Don't be a cunt starting fistfights and you' ll never find out.

Edit to add.

And it's very obvious you have no CCW training.

The first motherfucking thing they teach ---

You use your weapon only until the threat ceases.. You do not shoot to kill. You shoot to stop the bad behavior.

If the stupid fistfighting cunt dies, tough shit.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2017, 07:04 AM
I am tired of this bullshit coming from the worshipers.

No matter what we do, EVEN WHEN WE AGREE all we get is 'NO!"

Nutters, "It's the mentally ill"

Sane, "We agree, lets do something"

Nutters, "NO!"

Nutters, "It's the terrorists"

Nutters, "NO!"

Nutters, "It's the domestic abusers"

Nutters "NO!"

Nutters, "It's the criminals"

Nutters, "NO!"

Nutters, "It's the liberals"

Sane, "Sad that even when we admit a liberal shoots republican congressmen, even then you still don't want to do shit".

Nutters, "FUCK YOU, JUST SELL MORE AND DO NOTHING".

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
09-11-2017, 07:09 AM
(09-11-2017 07:04 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am tired of this bullshit coming from the worshipers.

No matter what we do, EVEN WHEN WE AGREE all we get is 'NO!"

Nutters, "It's the mentally ill"

Nutters, "NO!"

Nutters, "It's the terrorists"

Nutters, "NO!"

Nutters, "It's the domestic abusers"

Nutters "NO!"

Nutters, "It's the criminals"

Nutters, "NO!"

Nutters, "It's the liberals"

Sane, "Sad that even when we admit a liberal shoots republican congressmen, even then you still don't want to do shit".

Nutters, "FUCK YOU, JUST SELL MORE AND DO NOTHING".

Feel free to tell us your wonderous plan of how to limit the manufacture and sale of firearms...

We tremble with anticipation, your embarking upon us your wisdom....

[ /keeping straight face]

Laughat

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-11-2017, 07:17 AM
Your passion is obvious Brian but don't you think you might get a better less dismissive response if you well, weren't quite so rabid and vociferous? No offence just an observation that if you dialed it back a notch or two you might get a better hearing and also accepting that you aren't going to reach and convert everyone to your way of thinking, a bit like the conversations we have with the religious fundamentalists. Just a thought that's all.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
09-11-2017, 07:32 AM
(08-11-2017 09:39 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  It is true by definition. They are under civilian control.

> Explain how civilians are preventing the local and state police, ATF and FBI from enforcing existing gun control laws.

Aren't they? Do you have some examples that they aren't?
It is primarily federal prosecutors who are not enforcing the firearms laws by failing to even charge criminals.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-11-2017, 07:38 AM
(08-11-2017 01:16 PM)abaris Wrote:  Let's play that defend yourself scenario through for a moment. Let's take the recent shootout in Vegas. It was dark, it was crowded and the gunman sat on the 30th floor or something. People hear salvos, but don't know from where they're coming. So, imagine, if these people would have been packing, what would have happened. They spot someone waving a gun in all that chaos. Another good guy obviously, but would they know. Would they even consider, being under fire the whole time? What would the police do, if they spot dozens of people waving guns?

That's a consideration I'm constantly missing in all these discussion about good guys with guns stopping bad guys with guns.

No one has claimed that an armed person in the crowd could do anything to prevent this or mitigate the damage or anything of the sort. Facepalm

Firearms are used to stop crime thousands of times a year, but a firearm is not an appropriate tool in every case.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-11-2017, 07:42 AM
(08-11-2017 05:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 05:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  This seems a semantic debate over a nonsense term. (A term with no set definition) it's a sales marketing or media talk label.

To say it's am altered version but not what the military uses therefore not moilysry grade is to take the term to mean exactly what the military uses... but that's not a solely defined use of that term. Military grade also is used in selling these types of civilian owned pieces of gear and guns to equate it to what is similar to military used equipment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I believe AR-15 is what has been used a lot by these nitwits... There is no need for a weapon with it's capabilities to be in the hands of people who have not been vetted properly and who cannot prove that this type weapon is needed by them for? whatever such a reason could be.

Stop with the damn classifications. It's a freaking smoke screen and does not address the issue at all. Nobody needs a weapon that can kill hundreds of people in short order. No one.

Hunters need rifles, people need handguns for self defense, I am fine with that. But we don't need weapons that are killing so many people in short order.

Actually, handguns kill far more people than all other firearms combined.

09-11-2017, 07:45 AM
(08-11-2017 07:06 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 06:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  That you can't answer basic questions or respond to criticism of your position without being a evasive dishonest strawmanning twat? No I got it, trust me. I've given you multiple chances to defend your position or counter my argument and this marks the second or third time you have responded with a snarky fucking comment that adds nothing to the conversation.

If you have nothing to add that's fine, feel free to leave.
In point of fact I don't see anything worth the effort.

Then leave. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-11-2017, 07:47 AM
(09-11-2017 04:11 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(09-11-2017 12:13 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  There's a bullshit answer for you if I ever saw one. Plead semantics all you want.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

People are beaten to death, so yes.