Texas Church Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2017, 04:32 PM
RE: Texas Church Shooting
(12-11-2017 05:01 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 11:04 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Semi-automatic-only rifles like variants of the Colt AR-15 are not assault rifles; they do not have select-fire capabilities.

But with bump stocks they (virtually) have, correct?

Not at all..

The Vegas shooter brought so many guns for one reason - he knew they would be unreliable and prone to jamming and misfeeding. Rather than try to clear the problem he just grabbed another gun.

Reason - weapons that are made to fire full auto are toleranced differently than the semiauto versions. They are made to operate much hotter than semis.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-11-2017, 04:48 PM
(12-11-2017 04:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 03:28 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Aye, a lot of them obviously for the military and that includes all variants, the M1 and M1A1 variant couldn't even take the big drum mags you see in all the gangster movies/TV shows.

I've owned the Auto Ordinance semi M-1 variant.

The 1927 Savage variant will take the stick or drum. It also has a top cock lever and finned barrel. The M1 variants have side cock and no fins.

Mine had the notch and peep rear sight. Notch for 100 yard, peep for 200. It would do very consistent 6 inch groups at 200 yards.

All variants are not classified as rifles but sub- rifles ( semi auto) or submachine guns ( full auto) as they chamber a pistol round raher than a rifle or intermediary caliber.

Fun to shoot, low recoil, relatively quiet. But a boat anchor to carry.

Just out of personal curiosity have you had the opportunity to fire the Vector Kriss, either in full auto or semi, and if so what did ya think?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
12-11-2017, 05:38 PM
(12-11-2017 04:48 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 04:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've owned the Auto Ordinance semi M-1 variant.

The 1927 Savage variant will take the stick or drum. It also has a top cock lever and finned barrel. The M1 variants have side cock and no fins.

Mine had the notch and peep rear sight. Notch for 100 yard, peep for 200. It would do very consistent 6 inch groups at 200 yards.

All variants are not classified as rifles but sub- rifles ( semi auto) or submachine guns ( full auto) as they chamber a pistol round raher than a rifle or intermediary caliber.

Just out of personal curiosity have you had the opportunity to fire the Vector Kriss, either in full auto or semi, and if so what did ya think?

Is that the weapon with workings in the stock aimed at reducing the recoil of the 45 acp that I saw on a program with Richard Macowitz once ?
12-11-2017, 06:32 PM
(12-11-2017 05:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 04:48 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Just out of personal curiosity have you had the opportunity to fire the Vector Kriss, either in full auto or semi, and if so what did ya think?

Is that the weapon with workings in the stock aimed at reducing the recoil of the 45 acp that I saw on a program with Richard Macowitz once ?

Not in the stock, but ya that sounds like it.

[Image: KRISS_Macro_Feature_Detail_images11.jpg]

12-11-2017, 08:44 PM
(12-11-2017 04:48 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 04:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've owned the Auto Ordinance semi M-1 variant.

Have not had the opportunity.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-11-2017, 09:11 PM
(12-11-2017 03:24 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 02:50 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  [Image: 2%20Thompson%20ad%20sm.jpg]

The Feds responded to the Thompson with the Browning Automatic Rifle (B.A.R.) Better range but not so easily concealed.

Correct, though both saw use in WW2 as the Tompson due to its compact nature was the preferred weapon for trench clearing until the M1 Carbine started to jockey for that position. The interesting thing about the BAR is that it didn't even have the option of single fire which is a shame as it was incredibly accurate in single fire. A lot of soldiers actually took the heavy bipod off it and learned to fire it single shot or small bursts with better results than it's intended automatic fire, as it was reportedly as accurate as the Springfield rifle in single fired shots. A few even refused to give them up and use the M1 carbine despite it being much lighter and more manoeuvrable.

The BAR teams used to have a squad of soldiers working with them. The squad would fire to keep an enemy's head down while the BAR team moved forward, then turn about until they could get close enough to show some love.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
12-11-2017, 09:41 PM
(12-11-2017 06:32 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 05:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Is that the weapon with workings in the stock aimed at reducing the recoil of the 45 acp that I saw on a program with Richard Macowitz once ?

Not in the stock, but ya that sounds like it.

I had one in Vermont. The recoil was indeed more manageable at higher rates of fire and, although I liked it (some of my friends found it awkward), I nonetheless found it (the civilian model) to basically just be an overpriced semi auto pistol calibre carbine. I sold it and got a Stag 9T instead.

'Murican Canadian
12-11-2017, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 10:21 PM by yakherder.)
I have a buddy in Canada that takes a Vector to the range, just with a longer barrel and smaller magazines than the one I had.

'Murican Canadian
12-11-2017, 10:32 PM
(12-11-2017 09:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 03:24 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Correct, though both saw use in WW2 as the Tompson due to its compact nature was the preferred weapon for trench clearing until the M1 Carbine started to jockey for that position. The interesting thing about the BAR is that it didn't even have the option of single fire which is a shame as it was incredibly accurate in single fire. A lot of soldiers actually took the heavy bipod off it and learned to fire it single shot or small bursts with better results than it's intended automatic fire, as it was reportedly as accurate as the Springfield rifle in single fired shots. A few even refused to give them up and use the M1 carbine despite it being much lighter and more manoeuvrable.

The BAR teams used to have a squad of soldiers working with them. The squad would fire to keep an enemy's head down while the BAR team moved forward, then turn about until they could get close enough to show some love.

Fire-and-movement for the win.
12-11-2017, 10:41 PM
(12-11-2017 09:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 06:32 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Not in the stock, but ya that sounds like it.

I had one in Vermont. The recoil was indeed more manageable at higher rates of fire and, although I liked it (some of my friends found it awkward), I nonetheless found it (the civilian model) to basically just be an overpriced semi auto pistol calibre carbine. I sold it and got a Stag 9T instead.

Ya, it's a weapon made to be fired in full auto. I find the tech interesting, curious to see if it could work in a full sized rifle.