Texas Church Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2017, 07:39 PM
RE: Texas Church Shooting
(05-11-2017 07:32 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Could we get rid of assault rifles? Say the 2nd amendment gets changed to keep small arms but outlaw automatic rifles, as a practical matter, could it be done? Or would it even matter? This guy probably had it on semi and just worked his way down the aisles.

A semi auto AR15 is a "small arm."

A free country should have the same small arms as standard military infantry troops. It has been that way since the beginning. When the troops had muskets, the militia (the people) had muskets. When the troops have M-16's, the people have AR-15's. It's our defense against tyranny and will NEVER change.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2017, 07:42 PM
(05-11-2017 03:02 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 02:56 PM)abaris Wrote:  Maybe it's because every nutjob has access to guns. Nah, can't be.

Guns have nothing to do with it. Or did you miss the killings last week in New York with a truck?

Or last year in France, when a guy with a truck killed 86 people, more than the largest mass shooting ever in America?

The weapon chosen doesn't matter. Could be fertilizer bombs. Trucks. Knives. Guns.

Humans are sick fucks.

Guns have EVERYTHING to do with this, dude. Sure the guns required a person to load them point them at another person and pull the trigger, but GUNS FACILITATED THE CARNAGE THAT HAPPENED THERE, NOT TO MENTION THE 370 MASS SHOOTINGS SO FAR IN THE PAST 311 DAYS OF 2017, YOU FUCKING CHIMP.. I guess Americans have become willing to accept this pointless, lethal toll on our streets in order to line the pockets of Glock, Smith and Wesson, Colt and every other firearms manufacturer. These kinds of killings are only getting worse and worse. Do we wait until our streets turn into a full blown goddamned war zone?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
05-11-2017, 07:47 PM
(05-11-2017 07:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's our defense against tyranny and will NEVER change.

You can repeat this bullshit as often as you like, it still won't make it true.

I note that while you do continue to repost, you have yet to answer my previous rebuttal of this fallacy.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-11-2017, 07:50 PM
(05-11-2017 07:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 07:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Who knows if this incident could have been avoided if the guy didn’t have access to assault weapons...Dodgy

How is it that it’s almost always the case of ‘a dollar short and a day late' with all the gun-packing good guys? You know who the good guys are? The ones fighting people like you who believe more guns are the answer and who blindly refuse to see that incidents like this can all but be stopped if the dickheads didn’t have easy access to these type of weapons.

You are the problem whether you see that or not. The blood is on the hands of the NRA and gun proponents like you LDH that believe that assault weapons belong in the hands of civilians.

Blood is not on my hands.

[Image: nratoon10.jpg?w=720&h=478]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
05-11-2017, 07:50 PM
(05-11-2017 07:47 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 07:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's our defense against tyranny and will NEVER change.

You can repeat this bullshit as often as you like, it still won't make it true.

I note that while you do continue to repost, you have yet to answer my previous rebuttal of this fallacy.

It is true. Read the federalist papers. End of story.

Guns are here to stay. You can deal with it, move somewhere else, or take up arms and fight the gun owners until they are all dead or you are.

That is your only choice.

05-11-2017, 07:51 PM
(05-11-2017 06:40 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Well, the U.S. is ravaged by drug gangs as well, and the majority of gun deaths ARE by gang members. According to the CDC, gang homicides accounted for roughly 8,900 of 11,000 gun murders in both 2010 and 2011.

Out of the 35,000 or so gun deaths, remove the suicides and gang violence, and only about 2,000 firearm murders a year remain. We have 320 million people in this country.

Europe has as big a drug problem as the US does. Why would we take out drug gangs from the equation? What evidence is there that drug gangs are a uniquely American problem? That sounds like special pleading to me. I think the real difference is the availability of firearms.

Europe also doesn't have these constant mass shootings. I've spent a lot of time in Europe and they have all the same problems and bullshit we have. So, removing some percentage of murders for a random reason is bullshit.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-11-2017, 07:52 PM
(05-11-2017 07:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 07:47 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You can repeat this bullshit as often as you like, it still won't make it true.

It is true. Read the federalist papers. End of story.

Guns are here to stay. You can deal with it, move somewhere else, or take up arms and fight the gun owners until they are all dead or you are.

I prefer to read the Constitution. And, that was so clearly written we didn't even know there was a private right of gun ownership until 2008.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
05-11-2017, 07:53 PM

And what tyranny are you or anyone else subject to, asshole?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

05-11-2017, 07:57 PM
(05-11-2017 07:52 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 07:50 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It is true. Read the federalist papers. End of story.

I prefer to read the Constitution. And, that was so clearly written we didn't even know there was a private right of gun ownership until 2008.

Well now the current precedent on the Second Amendment IS that individuals have a right to own a gun. See Heller v Dc, MacDonald v Chicago.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

05-11-2017, 07:58 PM
(05-11-2017 07:53 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  

And what tyranny are you or anyone else subject to, asshole?

None. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Thank you for proving my point.