Texas Fires
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Texas Fires
We live in an area of Texas where a lot of the fires have been happening. I took some photos today and I thought I'd share them here. It's a link to an FB album, I've made it public to everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...279&type=1

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
07-09-2011, 11:16 PM
RE: Texas Fires
Holy shit Trill. That's some scary stuff. You guys stay safe m'kay?

(love that you used Schmetterling as a name.....)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
08-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Wait, I don't understand. Governor Perry prayed for the fires to stop so that should have been the end of it. You're not suggesting that plan failed, are you?

Blasphemer!

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
08-09-2011, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2011 09:18 PM by trillium13.)
(07-09-2011 11:16 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Holy shit Trill. That's some scary stuff. You guys stay safe m'kay?

(love that you used Schmetterling as a name.....)

Thanks. Smile And yeah, I'm kind of a fan of butterflies, so it seemed apt. Not using my real name on FB. Wink
(08-09-2011 06:38 AM)BnW Wrote:  Wait, I don't understand. Governor Perry prayed for the fires to stop so that should have been the end of it. You're not suggesting that plan failed, are you?

Blasphemer!

Rick Perry is a jackass.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
08-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Tropical storms Lee and Nate formed really close to Texas; Lee went to the east and Nate seems to be headed to Mexico. I guess if there's a god that manipulates nature, it doesn't want Rick Perry to be president.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
09-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I am all for the evolution of a thread, but in this case I'm gonna ask that we don't make this thread about bashing Rick Perry. Perhaps an "I hate Rick Perry thread" in the politics section would be a better idea. Let's just leave this one to showing some compassion for the people that have, and are going to suffer from this shitty situation.

K?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
10-09-2011, 12:15 AM
(08-09-2011 06:38 AM)BnW Wrote:  Wait, I don't understand. Governor Perry prayed for the fires to stop so that should have been the end of it. You're not suggesting that plan failed, are you?

Blasphemer!

A friend put this on FB. I love it.

Governor Rick Perry left the campaign trail this week so that he could go home to Texas and pray for relief from the fires there, no really, that's what he said he was doing. Well, Texas is still burning, only worse. How can we trust this man to be president if god won't listen to his simple prayers for relief from something as trivial as wildfires. What happens when he needs to influence something like defense of the nation or the economy? Rick Perry, wrong for god, wrong for us.

Every time you say you don't believe, Jesus rips the wings off a fairy. - SkepticalParenting.com
10-09-2011, 12:23 AM
(09-09-2011 07:24 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I am all for the evolution of a thread, but in this case I'm gonna ask that we don't make this thread about bashing Rick Perry. Perhaps an "I hate Rick Perry thread" in the politics section would be a better idea. Let's just leave this one to showing some compassion for the people that have, and are going to suffer from this shitty situation.

K?

I should have known better than to start this thread. This wasn't my intent. And people are going to say what they want, I guess. Thanks for trying.

You guys don't know the HATE I've read in other threads on this subject. I'm done hearing about Rick Perry. I just wanted to share my photos, I thought maybe people could see the human side of this. I guess not.

10-09-2011, 09:13 AM
(10-09-2011 12:15 AM)EvilMomLady Wrote:  A friend put this on FB. I love it.

Governor Rick Perry left the campaign trail this week so that he could go home to Texas and pray for relief from the fires there, no really, that's what he said he was doing. Well, Texas is still burning, only worse. How can we trust this man to be president if god won't listen to his simple prayers for relief from something as trivial as wildfires. What happens when he needs to influence something like defense of the nation or the economy? Rick Perry, wrong for god, wrong for us.

I am sooooo stealing this for my FB status.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
10-09-2011, 10:02 AM
What is the matter with you guys? I've asked you to cut it out, Stark has too, what gives? I've been around a while, I always felt like this is a place to come for support and understanding??

Thread Closed