Texas Governor wants prayers for rain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2011, 05:29 PM

RE: Texas Governor wants prayers for rain
(21-04-2011 07:36 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  You know, if he wants to cover all his bases he should really get someone out there to do rain dances too.

The situation is ripe for some competitive praying. Not just the Christians and Jews, but also the Muslims. Great chance for them to win their way into Republican hearts and minds.

Trouble is, once it does start raining, they'll be squabbling over which god did it.
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Rainbow RE: Texas Governor wants prayers for rain
Well it looks like you guys have to eat a lot of crow. Looks like praying for the rain really did work. I'm here in St. Louis and it's been raining for days with more to come! The only problem is that when the Christians in Texas prayed for the rain they did not specify where they wanted it to go and God, having no idea where they wanted it, simply sent it all to St. Louis. I'm sick of being wet. Do you think you guys can pray that God will reverse the natural direction of the jet stream and instead of the rain continuing through St. Louis to the east he can move it from here to the west and to Texas? I would appreciate it! Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I've never understood why god needs to be asked. I can think of no conceivable human interaction where such behavior would be even remotely acceptable. If someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night and starts pouring gasoline everywhere with a lighter in his hand, you don't say "Golly gee, it'd be sure nice if you didn't burn everything down. I'll love you either way though" or "Hey, could you maybe not kill my baby daughter? Just, it'd be nice and all..."

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
28-04-2011, 12:16 PM
(22-04-2011 05:29 PM)riggbeck Wrote:  
(21-04-2011 07:36 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  You know, if he wants to cover all his bases he should really get someone out there to do rain dances too.

The situation is ripe for some competitive praying. Not just the Christians and Jews, but also the Muslims. Great chance for them to win their way into Republican hearts and minds.

Trouble is, once it does start raining, they'll be squabbling over which god did it.
Could this start another prophet-battle like the one Elijah got into with the 450 (my number may be off) prophets of Ba'al. See if Yahweh's crew can still overcome and burn the opposition.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete