Texas Lake turns blood red

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Texas Lake turns blood red
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, IT'S ARMAGEDDON! AHHHHHHH.

http://news.yahoo.com/end-times-texas-la...04338.html

No, but seriously, people who ACTUALLY know what they're talking about say that the red color is due to Chromatiaceae bacteria, but for everyone else in the great state of Texico, it's the end of the world.

First, I would like to point out that this is a fantastic example of what might have actually happened in biblical times. Modern day science, and we are thousands of times more informed, and people are still this gullible.

Second, this is it? God's PR department must have millions of dollars more than his Special Effects department. After all his ranting about the stars "falling from the sky" and zombies rising from the dead... we get this? One small lake in Texas turns a shade of red?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2011, 04:06 PM
RE: Texas Lake turns blood red
Gods just not trying anymore is it? In the olden days it was all floods, plagues, fire etc now it's statues crying blood and lakes turning red.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
03-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Never heard of this happening, sounds very cool to witness.

Wish stuff like this happened over in england, oh england.
Boring on a geological scale since forever.
03-08-2011, 07:53 AM
I wonder if these people ever heard of 'Crimson tide' ...

These algae blooms are due to there being too much phosphates in the water (from soap, oil, fertilzer, etc)

These things mean the enviroment in that area is in danger, the algae blooms are very dangerous to auqatic life.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
03-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Once in highschool I had to use the urinal but there was a guy ahead of me so I waited patiently. He groaned once in a while and it took some time, but I really had to go so I put my patient face on.
Finally he steps out of the way, without flushing might I add (an all to common issue among men, that and peeing on everything for some reason) and I stepped up to unleash my manhood. But the urinal water was red.... Quickly I went over what to do in the event of the religious Armageddon because as we all know one of the signs is water turning to blood.
Then my rational brain kicked in and I realized that the guy ahead of me had been a major slut and not the kind bright enough to wrap it up, thus he had probably contracted some form of penis disease from some unclean person of dubious nature. I found out later that this was indeed true.
So a lesson to us all, sometimes the blood in the water is just penis blood from dirty teenage boys. Sometimes it's just algae too, you never know until you find out, but let's not jump to conclusions.
[Image: jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2011, 12:38 PM
It's deffinately armageddon, there were also earthquakes, tornados, tsunami and eclipses this year too. Now THIS!

PROOF!