Texas Passes tough new Abortion Law

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2013, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2013 03:46 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Texas Passes tough new Abortion Law
There are all kinds of reasons for abortion.
Many do not manifest until later in a pregnancy.
http://women.webmd.com/tc/abortion-reaso...e-abortion

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Texas Passes tough new Abortion Law
(13-07-2013 03:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I hate it, but I agree with what you said I&I.

BOOM
14-07-2013, 01:59 AM
Personally think the government should stay out of a woman's uterus. It's not like Rick Perry's going to get an abortion any time soon.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
14-07-2013, 02:54 AM
(14-07-2013 01:59 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Personally think the government should stay out of a woman's uterus. It's not like Rick Perry's going to get an abortion any time soon.

The only time the government should be in the woman's uterus is when we get universal healthcare and abortions become part of the plan.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
14-07-2013, 03:58 AM
The 20 week figure seems timed to align to the 20 week scan[1] that is intended to discover anomalies in the developing foetus. Before that time it's not really possible to detect many defects which may factor into a decision to abort. Given the importance and routine nature of this scan if a limit were to be set I would prefer it to be set significantly later than this time so that decisions based on the scan can be made thoughtfully and deliberately.

[1] http://www.babycenter.com.au/a557390/ano...n-20-weeks

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
14-07-2013, 12:36 PM
(14-07-2013 03:58 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  The 20 week figure seems timed to align to the 20 week scan[1] that is intended to discover anomalies in the developing foetus. Before that time it's not really possible to detect many defects which may factor into a decision to abort. Given the importance and routine nature of this scan if a limit were to be set I would prefer it to be set significantly later than this time so that decisions based on the scan can be made thoughtfully and deliberately.

[1] http://www.babycenter.com.au/a557390/ano...n-20-weeks

That is an excellent point.

Also I find the 20 week mark to be a bit subjective, since they begin counting from the date of the first missed period. So, they count the couple weeks before the woman is pregnant.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

15-07-2013, 12:46 AM
(13-07-2013 12:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't have a problem with no abortions after the halfway point. Having been pregnant three times, I think that is sufficient time to make up your mind. I also have to agree that all clinics should be comparable to other outpatient surgical centers, that just seems to be a good guideline.

First of all, I agree with you on a limit at, say, 20 weeks or so.
I have to disagree with you on the other point.
Not nearly all abortions are done surgically. Most of the time they can be induced with medicine, the abortion-pill.
Also, it's not like these are some amateurs. These are doctors, who went through full medical training.
If we say an abortion requires a surgical-ward, then do all procedures my personal physisian does, too?

Thirdly, the existing clinics are better than the preciding alternative, the "back-alley abortions".

And lastly: Americans go all over the world to liberate countries and give them all kinds of rights and freedoms, but are transforming their own homeland into the strictest theocracy the world has ever seen.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
15-07-2013, 05:44 AM
(15-07-2013 12:46 AM)Caveman Wrote:  And lastly: Americans go all over the world to liberate countries and give them all kinds of rights and freedoms, but are transforming their own homeland into the strictest theocracy the world has ever seen.

We aren't transforming anything. They are. You clearly have no idea what a strict theocracy actually is.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post