Texas Primaries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Texas Primaries
Howdy,

I'm new here, so I'm not 100% sure this is the right forum for this question, but so far it looks like the best place. I live in the DFW area, and with the upcoming primary, we are getting bombarded by political advertisement. The advertisement I've seen is usually of the Republican variety, each trying to out conserve their opponents. One is even patting himself on the back for the moment of silence in public school, the moment ostensibly used for prayer.

Does anyone know if any of the candidates in this primary are of a rational bent?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Corvus's post
17-02-2014, 03:50 PM
RE: Texas Primaries
(17-02-2014 03:48 PM)Corvus Wrote:  Howdy,

I'm new here, so I'm not 100% sure this is the right forum for this question, but so far it looks like the best place. I live in the DFW area, and with the upcoming primary, we are getting bombarded by political advertisement. The advertisement I've seen is usually of the Republican variety, each trying to out conserve their opponents. One is even patting himself on the back for the moment of silence in public school, the moment ostensibly used for prayer.

Does anyone know if any of the candidates in this primary are of a rational bent?

Thanks!

Funny, I heard that ad today while running an errand. It's so hard to drive when your eyes are rolling like that.

Prayer in schools cleverly called moment of silence and anti-gay marriage...what can I say...we are in TX.

And welcome.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-02-2014, 03:58 PM

Thanks!

I just saw that one. And the ironic thing was he said it was about "liberty"! How about my kids' right to not have to acknowledge your deity at a publicly funded school? Funny how they want their freedom, but don't feel the need to grant it to anyone different from them. I got so mad I wanted to reach through the television and choke him.

eta: In the republican primaries - i seriously doubt it. and even if they are, they can't admit it during the primary. like you said - they have to out-conservative each other.
[+] 2 users Like meremortal's post
18-02-2014, 12:20 AM

Thanks!

I don't know, but as a Texas Libertarian myself, if I were to vote in either primary, that would prohibit me from participating in the Libertarian convention.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
18-02-2014, 07:35 AM
(18-02-2014 12:20 AM)toadaly Wrote:  

Thanks!

I don't know, but as a Texas Libertarian myself, if I were to vote in either primary, that would prohibit me from participating in the Libertarian convention.

I plan on voting Libertarian in the general election, but I'd also like to do some damage control in the primaries. Normally that would consist of voting for the most odious Republican candidate. But given the general tone of this election, that would be the one that winds up getting elected.
18-02-2014, 07:39 AM
Maybe you should move to a more civilised place?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
18-02-2014, 07:46 AM
(18-02-2014 07:39 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Maybe you should move to a more civilised place?

One day.