Texas Will Require Burial of Aborted Fetuses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 12:14 AM
RE: Texas Will Require Burial of Aborted Fetuses
(01-12-2016 08:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I believe in Indiana, when Mike Pence signed this same thing into law, the supreme court of Indiana or maybe it was a judge, revoked the law.

I don't know that the state can force people to have funerals or make people attend them.

Actually I believe it's more than that. I believe three states now have the law or are entertaining similar legislation. Ohio I believe is the third.

To be clear, they do not, as far as i am aware, force the woman obtaining the abortion to foot the bill for a funeral. What they have said, aborted or miscarried embryos or fetus aren't considered medical waste and require, burial or cremation.

Yes, funeral directors are also against this. In the case of miscarriage sometimes you can't even locate the clump of cells, so basically a big bag of bloody rags could end up being buried/cremated.

Because the expense falls on the provider, they will naturally have raise prices for new proper disposal and again, this will limit care.

Going further, only slightly, many women now are opting to get drugs and do it at home, but sometimes not even going to a doctor. They know what the medication is called (I can't recall now) and order it online.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-12-2016, 12:59 AM
(01-12-2016 04:29 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The Texas Taliban strike again.

Only four years of this shit before the revolution. Hang in there, USA.

Smile

Um, fucking Texass has always been like this. Assholes in big hats.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
02-12-2016, 02:41 AM
(01-12-2016 04:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  From the files of Florida...at least we aren’t Texas

“Texas approved new rules this week requiring health care facilities that perform abortions to bury the fetal remains instead of disposing of them in a sanitary landfill like other forms of biological medical waste, ending months of contentious debate and dismaying abortion rights groups.’”

Putting them in landfill is not at all appropriate or what would be expected by the public. They either need to be buried separately (if that's the wishes of the mother), or they need to be cremated and their ashes scatted - which is what happens in Australia. In Victoria the ashes are scatted in a garden. Or of course tissue can be donated to science with the express wishes of the mother.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2016, 02:42 AM
I note that Texas Governor Greg Abbott is anti-abortion. What an amazing coincidence. Not.

Last June, Abbott, a devout Catholic, said—after the Supreme Court struck down the state's law that would have shuttered dozens of abortion clinics—that he condemned the decision, by arguing that it jeopardizes the state's objective "to protect innocent life." Abbott also said "The decision erodes States’ lawmaking authority to safeguard the health and safety of women and subjects more innocent life to being lost".

The current Texas law HB 2 imposes obstacles on abortion clinics by requiring that they invest in expensive building upgrades to meet the more stringent standards of ambulatory surgical centers, or mini-hospitals. It also mandates that abortion doctors obtain admitting privileges at nearby hospitals. Since the law's passage in 2013, the number of abortion providers in the state has plummeted from 42 to 19.

Thank fuck I don't live in Texas, with its 1800's moral and religious ethics.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
02-12-2016, 02:58 AM
I'm guessing that people who want burials and/or formal cremations for aborted early-term foetuses have never actually seen one. Full-term stillborn is of course an entirely different scenario.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
02-12-2016, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 05:31 AM by GirlyMan.)
(02-12-2016 02:58 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I'm guessing that people who want burials and/or formal cremations for aborted early-term foetuses have never actually seen one. Full-term stillborn is of course an entirely different scenario.

“.... using the process of cremation, entombment, burial, or placement in a niche or by using the process of cremation followed by placement of the ashes in a niche, grave, or scattering of ashes as authorized by law.”

So burn the tissue before throwing it in the trash and you're covered. Looks like they don't require birth and death certificates (yet).

#sigh
02-12-2016, 05:54 AM
[Image: 5041107026_71628515b2.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-12-2016, 06:27 AM
(01-12-2016 08:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I believe in Indiana, when Mike Pence signed this same thing into law, the supreme court of Indiana or maybe it was a judge, revoked the law.

I don't know that the state can force people to have funerals or make people attend them.

The states in question are not forcing people to have funerals or making anybody attend anything.

What they are doing is bad enough but you are fighting a strawman version of the bills.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
02-12-2016, 06:32 AM
(02-12-2016 06:27 AM)unfogged Wrote:  The states in question are not forcing people to have funerals or making anybody attend anything.

What they are doing is bad enough but you are fighting a strawman version of the bills.
That's correct: http://www.snopes.com/pence-law-forcing-fetus-funerals/

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
02-12-2016, 07:59 AM
(02-12-2016 02:41 AM)Aractus Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 04:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  From the files of Florida...at least we aren’t Texas

“Texas approved new rules this week requiring health care facilities that perform abortions to bury the fetal remains instead of disposing of them in a sanitary landfill like other forms of biological medical waste, ending months of contentious debate and dismaying abortion rights groups.’”

Putting them in landfill is not at all appropriate or what would be expected by the public. They either need to be buried separately (if that's the wishes of the mother), or they need to be cremated and their ashes scatted - which is what happens in Australia. In Victoria the ashes are scatted in a garden. Or of course tissue can be donated to science with the express wishes of the mother.

Biological medical waste is either incinerated and turned into CO2 and H20 or autoclaved using steam.
http://environmentalchemistry.com/yogi/e...waste.html

At what point in development do you draw the line for cremation and burial in Australia?
[Image: 0353e85868511064672c2187049d7c27.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post