Texas Will Require Burial of Aborted Fetuses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 09:51 AM
RE: Texas Will Require Burial of Aborted Fetuses
I think all the politicians who were involved in passing this crap should be required to attend funerals for every buried fetus separately. I mean they're all for fetus rights so they should be sympathetic to the fact that, without them, there will be no funerals and no one else would attend even if there were. We don't need no stinkin' hypocrites!

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
02-12-2016, 01:23 PM
(02-12-2016 06:27 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 08:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I believe in Indiana, when Mike Pence signed this same thing into law, the supreme court of Indiana or maybe it was a judge, revoked the law.

I don't know that the state can force people to have funerals or make people attend them.

The states in question are not forcing people to have funerals or making anybody attend anything.

What they are doing is bad enough but you are fighting a strawman version of the bills.

I don't get what the purpose of this is then. I read a little more on this topic and all I can see is that it's another way to dispose of a clump of cells. Instead of the cells being used for possible advances in medical science it's being burned up.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-12-2016, 01:32 PM
(02-12-2016 01:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 06:27 AM)unfogged Wrote:  The states in question are not forcing people to have funerals or making anybody attend anything.

What they are doing is bad enough but you are fighting a strawman version of the bills.

I don't get what the purpose of this is then. I read a little more on this topic and all I can see is that it's another way to dispose of a clump of cells. Instead of the cells being used for possible advances in medical science it's being burned up.

The only purpose I see in it is creating a wedge for personhood legislation by setting a precedent that the aborted tissue is being buried and not disposed of because it is a person in their tiny little minds. I think it is a stupid waste of the legislature's time and just another attempt to force compliance with religious beliefs on everybody else.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
02-12-2016, 02:48 PM
(02-12-2016 01:32 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 01:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I don't get what the purpose of this is then. I read a little more on this topic and all I can see is that it's another way to dispose of a clump of cells. Instead of the cells being used for possible advances in medical science it's being burned up.

The only purpose I see in it is creating a wedge for personhood legislation by setting a precedent that the aborted tissue is being buried and not disposed of because it is a person in their tiny little minds. I think it is a stupid waste of the legislature's time and just another attempt to force compliance with religious beliefs on everybody else.

Yes, it's creating a wedge for personhood legislation. To be followed by other personhood legislation that officially makes any pregnant woman a second-class citizen to whatever's growing in or around her uterus. (All women are second-class citizens to these thinkers, but especially pregnant women)

Ectopic pregnancy? Die, Woman. Cancer during pregnancy? Die, Woman. Fetus already dead? Bear it full-term, Woman, and if you die, we'll be kind of sad for you but mostly for your dead child. Miscarriage? Better make sure you did everything perfectly, or you're going to prison for endangering your fetus, Woman.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
02-12-2016, 03:05 PM
(02-12-2016 06:27 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 08:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I believe in Indiana, when Mike Pence signed this same thing into law, the supreme court of Indiana or maybe it was a judge, revoked the law.

I don't know that the state can force people to have funerals or make people attend them.

The states in question are not forcing people to have funerals or making anybody attend anything.

I believe I pointed this out earlier.

The women miscarrying or seeking abortion aren't being forced to hold funerals.

The embryo/fetus has been reclassified and no longer considered medical waste, so a funeral home must be notified. Since they don't work for free....it's an added expense that will be passed onto the patient making even more difficult for poor women to obtain what is their right legally under the law.

So it will limit yet again who can afford it and continue to drive more women to try diy methods for ending an unwanted pregnancy and abort at home, where there is no such requirement for burial that I'm aware of in any of the states.

I don't know what happens in the case of a D&C though.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-12-2016, 03:06 PM
(02-12-2016 07:59 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  At what point in development do you draw the line for cremation and burial in Australia?

There is no line, cremation is the standard. If you want burial there will undoubtedly be costs involved. Incinerating aborted and miscarried foetuses alongside other biomedical waste is not appropriate either. Texas definitely went too far by requiring burial instead of cremation which is cheaper and easier.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Buckle up ladies, it's only going to get worse.

These are men who would love to go full on Handmaid's Tale.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
02-12-2016, 03:11 PM
I posted this in the Laugh At Religion thread too.
[Image: sPT5wks.png]
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
02-12-2016, 05:04 PM
(02-12-2016 03:06 PM)Aractus Wrote:  There is no line, cremation is the standard. If you want burial there will undoubtedly be costs involved. Incinerating aborted and miscarried foetuses alongside other biomedical waste is not appropriate either. Texas definitely went too far by requiring burial instead of cremation which is cheaper and easier.

Why do you think incinerating aborted and miscarried foetuses alongside other biomedical waste isn't appropriate? It's simple, effective and sanitary. I haven't heard of any problem with this method to dispose of foetuses. Am I missing something?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
02-12-2016, 05:06 PM
(02-12-2016 05:04 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 03:06 PM)Aractus Wrote:  There is no line, cremation is the standard. If you want burial there will undoubtedly be costs involved. Incinerating aborted and miscarried foetuses alongside other biomedical waste is not appropriate either. Texas definitely went too far by requiring burial instead of cremation which is cheaper and easier.

Why do you think incinerating aborted and miscarried foetuses alongside other biomedical waste isn't appropriate? It's simple, effective and sanitary. I haven't heard of any problem with this method to dispose of foetuses. Am I missing something?

Holier than thou attitudes. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce