Texas Will Require Burial of Aborted Fetuses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Texas Will Require Burial of Aborted Fetuses
(02-12-2016 03:06 PM)Aractus Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 07:59 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  At what point in development do you draw the line for cremation and burial in Australia?

There is no line, cremation is the standard. If you want burial there will undoubtedly be costs involved. Incinerating aborted and miscarried foetuses alongside other biomedical waste is not appropriate either. Texas definitely went too far by requiring burial instead of cremation which is cheaper and easier.

If burying or cremating fetus cells is what constitutes being a person then my cat is a person. I had my cat cremated.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Blink

[Image: 392x643xcoffin-direct-mail.jpg.pagespeed...Sz42aL.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
02-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Well there goes that solution to world hunger.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
02-12-2016, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016 06:57 PM by Aractus.)
(02-12-2016 05:04 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Why do you think incinerating aborted and miscarried foetuses alongside other biomedical waste isn't appropriate? It's simple, effective and sanitary. I haven't heard of any problem with this method to dispose of foetuses. Am I missing something?

1. It isn't in-line with community expectations.
2. People need to feel safe and reassured when they access medical services. Anything that threatens that leads to people distrusting hospitals, doctors, and other medical professionals.
3. A miscarriage or an abortion can be very traumatic for people. A good friend of mine was devastated when she had a miscarriage. If she was told they threw the babies in with the medical waste and incinerated it, it would only have traumatised her more.

If you want your aborted foetus disposed of with the medical waste, that's perfectly fine, and I imagine the hospital would accommodate such a request. If you want to donate it to medical science that's fine too. I'm not saying you can't have that done, just that you need to be sensitive about how to handle the foetuses and be sure that your standard procedure is in-line with community expectations. It is unethical not to tell people what you are going to do in health - and that includes how "waste" is handled. And if you do that you will end up with dissatisfied health clients and therefore people forming a negative opinion of the health system - all of that causes long-term institutional damage to health.

As I said before, I think the standard procedure of cremation is appropriate - it's cheap and effective - and yes give people as many options as possible.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post
02-12-2016, 07:09 PM
(02-12-2016 06:54 PM)Aractus Wrote:  1. It isn't in-line with community expectations.
2. People need to feel safe and reassured when they access medical services. Anything that threatens that leads to people distrusting hospitals, doctors, and other medical professionals.
3. A miscarriage or an abortion can be very traumatic for people. A good friend of mine was devastated when she had a miscarriage. If she was told they threw the babies in with the medical waste and incinerated it, it would only have traumatised her more.

If you want your aborted foetus disposed of with the medical waste, that's perfectly fine, and I imagine the hospital would accommodate such a request. If you want to donate it to medical science that's fine too. I'm not saying you can't have that done, just that you need to be sensitive about how to handle the foetuses and be sure that your standard procedure is in-line with community expectations. It is unethical not to tell people what you are going to do in health - and that includes how "waste" is handled. And if you do that you will end up with dissatisfied health clients and therefore people forming a negative opinion of the health system - all of that causes long-term institutional damage to health.

As I said before, I think the standard procedure of cremation is appropriate - it's cheap and effective - and yes give people as many options as possible.

Thanks for the answer. I don't see anything wrong with providing several methods to dispose of foetuses depending on the patient desires.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
02-12-2016, 07:47 PM
The Satanists are now involved and claiming a violation of their religious freedom.

http://jezebel.com/satanic-temple-says-t...socialflow

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-12-2016, 09:25 PM
We should get rid of cemeteries and recycle everything like in The Matrix. What a waste of space.

'Murican Canadian
02-12-2016, 09:56 PM
I bet that law would change quick with the first Viking funeral.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-12-2016, 10:17 PM
(02-12-2016 06:54 PM)Aractus Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 05:04 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Why do you think incinerating aborted and miscarried foetuses alongside other biomedical waste isn't appropriate? It's simple, effective and sanitary. I haven't heard of any problem with this method to dispose of foetuses. Am I missing something?

1. It isn't in-line with community expectations.

This. People should have the option.
This includes people who think the fetus should also be tossed away with the rest of the medical trash always and those that think there should always be a funeral where people stand around a toilet bowl and flush it like your childhood pet Goldy.

We shouldn't force one thing or another on people they should have a choice.
I mean yea I would like to see all fetal matter be used for the advancement of stem cell research because obviously the idea that we can grow an ear on the back of a mouse and transfer said ear to a burn victim or something is totally badass albeit fucking disgusting. However, we live in a society where the sciencey people are shunned for our factual beliefs much the same the way WBBC members are shunned for their stupid ones, and so I understand that not everyone is as emotionally detached as a Vulcan or nerdy stupid sitcom main character and people like to have their little rituals and shit no matter the fact that it could save actually living peoples lives. And so thus, a choice should be given until the point where man (and women because we live in an inclusive society now apparently and just saying man is somehow sexist because bitches be bitches amirite) sees the light, figuratively and literally I suppose, and understands the value of things such as organ donor and fetal matter donation and make them a legal requirement, freedom of religion be damned.

[Image: oscar.png]
03-12-2016, 04:01 AM
Pence tried to do this in Indiana.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac