Texas Will Require Burial of Aborted Fetuses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2016, 04:09 AM
RE: Texas Will Require Burial of Aborted Fetuses
I just talked to someone that had an abortion. Of course there are members on this forum that have had abortions, so if they want to agree/disagree that would be welcomed, but I would caution against it due to stigma and suggest if you want your privacy maintained to PM me or better yet send an email to me (email here) mention this post and that's it. You can even register and use a temp email to preserve your privacy.

Anyway, they didn't want to talk about it, but confirmed what I said which is that they would not have expected the foetus to be thrown in with medical waste, and that cremation is appropriate.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2016, 04:16 AM
If vacuum aspiration is used for a termination, then most people wouldn't even recognise the resultant red sludge as a human foetus—or any foetus at all.

At 8 weeks gestation, the foetus is only 1 inch long and weighs as much as two teaspoons of sugar.

This 8-week image is enlarged 4x times:

[Image: fetal_8_week_fetus_s4.jpg]

And this is an 8-week canine foetus:

[Image: Embryo-20-Tage.jpg]

And both have identical sentience—that is, zero. Sentience doesn't (cannot) develop until 18 to 25 weeks, when the basic neuronal substrate required to transmit somatosensory information develops.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2016, 05:30 AM
Right, this isn't a discussion about ethics. The lady I talked to had an abortion at (IIRC) 28 weeks due to medical reasons. I have not said once in this thread that a first-term foetus has sentience.

My Blog
03-12-2016, 05:45 AM
(03-12-2016 05:30 AM)Aractus Wrote:  Right, this isn't a discussion about ethics. The lady I talked to had an abortion at (IIRC) 28 weeks due to medical reasons. I have not said once in this thread that a first-term foetus has sentience.

Uh... A discussion about just throwing aborted human foetuses away with the garbage is not an ethical issue?

Are you serious?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
03-12-2016, 05:52 AM
Well not about the ethics of abortion. The ethics of policy and practice in medicine - yes.

My Blog
03-12-2016, 05:56 AM
(03-12-2016 04:09 AM)Aractus Wrote:  I just talked to someone that had an abortion. Of course there are members on this forum that have had abortions, so if they want to agree/disagree that would be welcomed, but I would caution against it due to stigma and suggest if you want your privacy maintained to PM me or better yet send an email to me (email here) mention this post and that's it. You can even register and use a temp email to preserve your privacy.

Anyway, they didn't want to talk about it, but confirmed what I said which is that they would not have expected the foetus to be thrown in with medical waste, and that cremation is appropriate.

When I had my miscarriages (of very much wanted babies, by the way), always during the first trimester--which is when many abortions happen also--I never asked the hospital what had been done with the tissue. I have no problem, now or at the time, with the hospital disposing of the fetuses along with other medical waste. Your acquaintance's feels are not universal and are not, in any case, a reason for a state law mandating medical policy.

A lot of miscarried fetuses get flushed down the toilet, where's the concern about them being properly disposed of? This happens, not on purpose, but because miscarriages can involve amounts of blood far beyond the absorbing ability of tampons or pads. To put it bluntly, there's a lot of stuff slooshing out of you at that point, and you're trying to keep the bathroom from looking like a serial killer's playroom and feeling pretty yucky into the bargain, not worrying about retrieving the products of conception so you can have a little funeral for them.

By the way, your post is creepy. Soliciting PMs, faux sympathy, etc.--I wonder if you're planning to try to shame/convert any women who respond. Also, of course, you can outright lie about what people said to you on an "anonymous" basis without fear of contradiction. Blech.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
03-12-2016, 06:05 AM
Thanks for sharing!

You are testament to the fact that people go through this experience differently. I'll try to talk to my friend about it, but I can tell you she was very upset when it happened, and I was the first person she told of her pregnancy beforehand.

My Blog
03-12-2016, 08:29 AM
They should pass a companion law --- anyone who votes for a law that requires a burial for a fetus ---

Has to take home an unwanted baby.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-12-2016, 09:42 AM
(03-12-2016 04:09 AM)Aractus Wrote:  I just talked to someone that had an abortion. Of course there are members on this forum that have had abortions, so if they want to agree/disagree that would be welcomed, but I would caution against it due to stigma and suggest if you want your privacy maintained to PM me or better yet send an email to me (email here) mention this post and that's it. You can even register and use a temp email to preserve your privacy.

Hell, I don't mind talking about it. I had an abortion at around three week. It was at Planned Parenthood and they asked me if I wanted the tissue donated for research and I said yes. Now it could be that they would have done that anyway, but they did ask me. I didn't sign a paper or anything.

On a side note, I also had a sinus operation a year and a half ago in which they removed some bone and other sinus tissue and I requested that it be used for research. I'd read that nasal cells are interesting for researchers because the cells renew themselves. I did sign a paper for that.

I've known many women who have had abortions. I think it needs to be talked about and brought into the open. I've never had the slightest regret over it. There's a sort of myth that women spend the rest of their lives in and out of psychologists offices mourning over an abortion. Well, that just ain't true. It's something the religious right keeps proposing but all the studies refute this notion.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Yeah sorry I used a poor choice of words, all I meant was that if you're concerned about your privacy you can use me as a proxy. Yes absolutely it needs to be talked about. Some people do regret it, and that's not something we should deny either. At three weeks gestation though it's a much simpler operation though compared with 16 or 18 weeks. And in fact it's non-surgical for most people with the use of the RU486 drug.

My Blog