Texas kills innocent people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Texas kills innocent people
http://news.yahoo.com/wrong-man-executed...25159.html

This is a truly sad story. Whenever people sit back and allow the government to droll out "justice" via the death penalty and they kill an innocent man, that is the day we all become murderers. This day in 1989, we all became murderers.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
15-05-2012, 01:57 PM
RE: Texas kills innocent people
Of the multitude of reasons to be against the death penalty the possibility ( and in this case fact) than an innocent person may be put to death surely has to give any thinking person pause.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
15-05-2012, 02:15 PM
You would think. Most Texans are proud of their heinous record of capital punishment.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
15-05-2012, 02:49 PM
I've thought for many years that prisons should use a death machine where the person gets to choose their death method (then I watched futurama, and noticed they had suicide booths, so like that). Of course I wouldn't want people sentenced to a death penalty (rather life without parole), but if they are sentenced in such a way, and they wanted to die (and for some reason such as they admit their guilt, they say they cannot live with it... I don't know... something), they could willingly off themselves.

Basically I have always wondered... how sure can you be that the right person is in prison, even if they admit it, did they really do it? I wouldn't be able to convict someone knowing the result was death, just because I would not be able to live with the decision. Who knows... probably one of the reasons I've never been on a jury--the attorney's knew I'd analyze the situation and consider everything grey, and not black and white.