Texas next to allow pot?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Texas next to allow pot?
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/07/t...nted-move/

Quote:A proposal which would make Texas the fifth state in the U.S. to legalize recreational marijuana use was approved in a bipartisan House panel vote – with the bill’s author citing his Christian values as cause for his support.
Being hailed as a historic victory and a surprise to Lone Star state lawmakers, the Texas House Criminal Jurisprudence Committee approved a bill Wednesday that would make it legal to buy and sell marijuana in Texas, the Houston Chronicle reports. The panel’s three Democrats were joined by two Republicans to give House Bill 2165 a “decisive 5-2 victory.”
The panel’s move in support of recreational marijuana legalization comes two days after their 4-2 vote in favor of a bill to decriminalize marijuana – the first such proposal to make it out of a Texas legislative committee.

The bill's author cited his Christian values as cause for his support?

I didn't expect that. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-06-2015, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 03:26 PM by Dom.)
RE: Texas next to allow pot?
Hmm, I started looking for religious support to legalize pot and found a lot, here is one:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-cl...story.html

Quote:In 2002, the Unitarian Universalist Association became the first religious denomination to adopt a statement of conscience calling for an end to the nation's war on drugs and the legalization and regulation of marijuana. While no other denomination has called for such a radical policy change, many others, including the United Methodist Church, Union for Reform Judaism, Progressive National Baptist Convention and Episcopal Church, support the controlled use of marijuana for medical reasons.

And here is the current situation in various states and with the feds:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/03...05066.html

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-06-2015, 03:27 PM
(10-06-2015 03:21 PM)Dom Wrote:  Hmm, I started looking for religious support to legalize pot and found a lot, here is one:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-cl...story.html

Quote:In 2002, the Unitarian Universalist Association became the first religious denomination to adopt a statement of conscience calling for an end to the nation's war on drugs and the legalization and regulation of marijuana. While no other denomination has called for such a radical policy change, many others, including the United Methodist Church, Union for Reform Judaism, Progressive National Baptist Convention and Episcopal Church, support the controlled use of marijuana for medical reasons.

Well that is the most liberal denomination, that has no real guidelines of belief, so it's not a shock to see they are in that camp. It's not gonna be official for many churches.

Well if it somehow even got through, Texas has a new Governor so who knows if that man is afraid or not to say he is a Christian weed supporter

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-06-2015, 04:30 PM
I have to admit I didn't think I would see that here this quickly.

Open carry and legal weed...is Texas a fun state or what? Tongue

And we don't pay state income tax. Not too shabby.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-06-2015, 04:51 PM
(10-06-2015 04:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
Open carry and legal weed

That strikes me as a potentially dangerous combination.

Ohmy

10-06-2015, 04:53 PM
(10-06-2015 04:51 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 04:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
Open carry and legal weed

That strikes me as a potentially dangerous combination.

Ohmy

Stoners tend not to get too riled up. The only time they would draw their gun would be to protect their weed. Probably not an issue on the couch eating Cheetohs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-06-2015, 05:00 PM
(10-06-2015 04:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 04:51 PM)DLJ Wrote:  That strikes me as a potentially dangerous combination.

Ohmy

Stoners tend not to get too riled up. The only time they would draw their gun would be to protect their weed. Probably not an issue on the couch eating Cheetohs.

[Image: high-guy_o_642610.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
10-06-2015, 05:01 PM
(10-06-2015 04:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
couch eating Cheetohs.

Now there's a surreal image.

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-06-2015, 05:03 PM
[Image: e8c0_shirt_plate_cheetos.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-06-2015, 05:38 PM
(10-06-2015 04:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 04:51 PM)DLJ Wrote:  That strikes me as a potentially dangerous combination.

Ohmy

What if people aimed better when high?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube