Thank God!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Thank God!
Just kidding - seriously, don't do that...lol

http://centersolid.blogspot.com/2012/02/thank-god.html

My cousin put up a post on Facebook yesterday -- that side of my family is uber-religious...I finally had to loosen my tongue...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Seasbury's post
07-02-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: Thank God!
Nice. I can't help but wonder why God didn't wake up your cousin's friend upon receiving the text message rather than a wasteful 30 minutes beforehand.
Find all posts by this user
07-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Riiiiiight. Because God is all about you, right? He has nothing better to do than wake you up in the middle of the night. Makes sense to me.

These kind of people are the kind that will never see things any other way. It's all GOD'S PLAN!!

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
07-02-2012, 08:48 PM
(07-02-2012 08:43 PM)Ben Wrote:  Nice. I can't help but wonder why God didn't wake up your cousin's friend upon receiving the text message rather than a wasteful 30 minutes beforehand.

Remember, god works in mysterious ways, who are we to question? Besides, she can't be convinced otherwise...maybe tomorrow night he'll tell her to run for president...lol

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
"----God is THE COOLEST!!!! Check it... I woke up at 2:46 a.m. with the strange feeling that God wanted me to do something. I asked Him, in my delirium, 'What do You want from me, Lord?' And 30 seconds later I received a text from a teen girl from my church,... asking to talk."

I was totally onboard with exactly what God wanted me to do until you pointed out that the quote was from a woman.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-02-2012, 10:43 PM
(07-02-2012 09:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "----God is THE COOLEST!!!! Check it... I woke up at 2:46 a.m. with the strange feeling that God wanted me to do something. I asked Him, in my delirium, 'What do You want from me, Lord?' And 30 seconds later I received a text from a teen girl from my church,... asking to talk."

I was totally onboard with exactly what God wanted me to do until you pointed out that the quote was from a woman.

Are you a closet mysogynist, Girly?

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
07-02-2012, 11:03 PM
(07-02-2012 10:43 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 09:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "----God is THE COOLEST!!!! Check it... I woke up at 2:46 a.m. with the strange feeling that God wanted me to do something. I asked Him, in my delirium, 'What do You want from me, Lord?' And 30 seconds later I received a text from a teen girl from my church,... asking to talk."

Nope, just a dutiful, if occasionally slightly resentful, servant to the matriarchy. Smile

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-02-2012, 11:23 PM
(07-02-2012 11:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Nope, just a dutiful, if occasionally slightly resentful, servant to the matriarchy. Smile

Good to hear Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
08-02-2012, 11:37 AM

You saw it as potential misogyny - I saw it as a dirty old man... Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
08-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Another atheist / political centrist?

I think that makes 3 of us.

I hear that there may be a few more out there.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.