Thank God for bringing me to this forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2011, 04:15 PM
RE: Thank God for bringing me to this forum.
(24-11-2011 02:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  As we American-types are gearing up for a day of gluttony in the guise of gratitude, I wonder, What are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for the ability to wrap gluttony in a garb of gratitude. Comes in handy more often than you might think. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-11-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm British and have a Powhatan ancestor.
I'm thankful for this when it comes to ruining people's thanksgivings when they dare wish me a happy one *coolface.jpg*

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 2 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
25-11-2011, 03:38 AM
(24-11-2011 05:00 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I'm British and have a Powhatan ancestor.
I'm thankful for this when it comes to ruining people's thanksgivings when they dare wish me a happy one *coolface.jpg*

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
20-12-2011, 11:41 AM
(24-11-2011 11:18 AM)kineo Wrote:  You don't have to be thankful to a deity- you can be thankful to your friends, family, opportunity in life, etc.

I'm thankful for my wife- she is with me every day, helps me through the day. She is working hard to make a Thanksgiving meal, and I'm helping her along the way. She's also the first free-thinker I ever got to really know, she proved to me that what I had been taught about atheism was wrong and based on ridiculous logical leaps.

I'm thankful for a family that has supported us as we've built our lives together.

I'm thankful for a good job that I enjoy. I worked hard for it, and I'm thankful that I had opportunities to get where I am. So, I'm glad I made use of those opportunities, and I'm thankful that when the cuts came a few years back that they recognized my hard work and kept me on board.

Kineo,

I am thankful for your bare honesty - how refreshing, really

Happy other holidays to you and yours
=
Cheers:
Kevin

god hides within the gaps of human knowledge - his hiding places are getting smaller. Welcome Higgs Boson
[+] 1 user Likes Kevuchka's post