Thank You Anti-Vacc

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Thank You Anti-Vacc
Measles outbreak in California infects 70

"The people who have been infected range in age from 7 months to 70 years old. The vast majority had not been vaccinated, and a quarter had to be hospitalized."

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-01-2015, 12:42 AM
RE: Thank You Anti-Vacc
The news of measles outbreaks is amazing to me: we are talking about a disease which killed ~145 700 people in 2013; that's 400 deaths a day (WHO).

We're talking about a disease which is incredibly contagious and can lead to complications like encephalitis, blindness and severe repository infections for fuck sake; what is wrong with these people?!

This disease should be a minor and rare annoyance in the world, if not non-existent entirely: it's a trivial thing to deal with; two stabs and we're done!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
23-01-2015, 12:51 AM
(23-01-2015 12:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  The news of measles outbreaks is amazing to me: we are talking about a disease which killed ~145 700 people in 2013; that's 400 deaths a day (WHO).

We're talking about a disease which is incredibly contagious and can lead to complications like encephalitis, blindness and severe repository infections for fuck sake; what is wrong with these people?!

This disease should be a minor and rare annoyance in the world, if not non-existent entirely: it's a trivial thing to deal with; two stabs and we're done!

The gift of the Thiomersal myth (and uninformed wankers like Jim Carrey) keeps on giving...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
23-01-2015, 01:13 AM
(23-01-2015 12:51 AM)gofish! Wrote:  The gift of the Thiomersal myth (and uninformed wankers like Jim Carrey) keeps on giving...

Don't forget Andrew Wakefield. If there was a hell there'd be a special one reserved for him.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
23-01-2015, 01:20 AM
(23-01-2015 01:13 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(23-01-2015 12:51 AM)gofish! Wrote:  The gift of the Thiomersal myth (and uninformed wankers like Jim Carrey) keeps on giving...

Don't forget Andrew Wakefield. If there was a hell there'd be a special one reserved for him.

I didn't forget him. I just can't say or write his name without...Rainbow Vomit

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
23-01-2015, 06:34 AM
Then we had this idiot :
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Challenged

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-01-2015, 10:59 AM
I thought the few NHL teams getting it was a bizarre case but now it seems to be spreading up and down the US west coast area. That's the way to play the safe game, don't worry I'm sure some of those already on the conspiracy train are coming up with ideas to spread about this being some deliberate attack.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-01-2015, 11:02 AM
(23-01-2015 01:20 AM)gofish! Wrote:  
(23-01-2015 01:13 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Don't forget Andrew Wakefield. If there was a hell there'd be a special one reserved for him.

I didn't forget him. I just can't say or write his name without...Rainbow Vomit

People still cite his work as if it's true. Just pisses me off.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-01-2015, 07:08 AM
There's some doctor in California (an actual MD) who continues to insist that the diseases vaccines prevent are generally no more dangerous than the vaccines themselves.

Moron should have his medical license revoked. And, given that is practice is right in the middle of all these unvaccinated kids in southern California, he should be held professionally responsible for this and made to appear before an ethics review board.

These morons won't be happy until someone dies. Actually, given that several infants have already died from whooping cough (they were too young to get the vaccine), I should say they won't be happy until someone else dies.

This really pisses me off.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
26-01-2015, 07:19 AM
on the bright side, hearing these topics on the news has got my 11yo asking me if she was vaxed. in fact she asked me twice in the same weekend, so I pulled her vax record and ended up having a long discussion about the upcoming HPV vax that I am sure will come up in the next couple of doctor visits.

it was weird to see a look of relief come over a kids face to know she is protected from these things. things you don't expect as a parent.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post