Thank You Anti-Vacc

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2015, 10:26 AM
RE: Thank You Anti-Vacc
It's hard enough to get uninformed people to get vaccinated against diseases like Measles and Whooping Cough, just think what it takes to get parents to vaccinate their daughters with the HPV shot to prevent cancer.

Now, you'd think that a vaccine to prevent cancer would be a welcome thing but since this has to do with sex and a sexual organ the chances of mass vaccination is pretty slim. 275,000 women die each year from this kind of cancer.

I got my daughter the HPV vaccine when she was 16 and a neighbor was horrified and shocked that I did such a thing. She said her 16 year old daughter wasn't having sex so she didn't need it. Um....right.....sure. Dream on, lady.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-01-2015, 11:54 AM
(26-01-2015 10:26 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's hard enough to get uninformed people to get vaccinated against diseases like Measles and Whooping Cough, just think what it takes to get parents to vaccinate their daughters with the HPV shot to prevent cancer.

Now, you'd think that a vaccine to prevent cancer would be a welcome thing but since this has to do with sex and a sexual organ the chances of mass vaccination is pretty slim. 275,000 women die each year from this kind of cancer.

I got my daughter the HPV vaccine when she was 16 and a neighbor was horrified and shocked that I did such a thing. She said her 16 year old daughter wasn't having sex so she didn't need it. Um....right.....sure. Dream on, lady.

its for pre teen boys too Wink

IIRC, from what we read over the weekend from CDC and maybe MayoClinic websites ? the numbers from Australia have shown a huge decrease in new cases, even with a small % vaxxed. The vax rates are higher there than in the US, atleast on this particular one. So the numbers are really promising if they cane get a higher vax rate.

there are two HPV vaccines, one is for just girls, one is for both (Guardisil) and it might offer a bit more protection in the cancer area, but don't quote me on that.

And from what I was reading the immune response was higher (I forget the wording) if you gave it to a pre-teen vs teen. So giving it earlier gave more protection bang for the buck.

but its not just for females!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
29-01-2015, 09:00 AM
And then people post stuff like this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1646939/ on facebook and think it proves that they don't work.

And let's not forget this one http://www.inquisitr.com/1789056/baltimo...BMMoB07.01