Thank You Multiculturalism!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Thank You Multiculturalism!
Listening to a lot of the older generations and they harp on about how all this political correctness is stripping away our identities 'because of all the foreigners'. Well I for one find this political correctness awesome. You know why? Cos when I turn on the TV, instead of seeing the birth of Christ and three wise men in a barn etc... I get to see Snowmen, Reindeers and Santa!

Nothing to explain to my son about the religious side of Xmas, the kids in school ain't even allowed to do a Christmas Concert that mentions jesus or angels due to the other cultures in the school so it's all nice and neutral.

Political Correctness certainly does one thing right in this country and that's banishing religion.

We should have thought of this years ago!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
26-12-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: Thank You Multiculturalism!
I get four local channels from the TBN. This is broadcast, not cable. And I work across the street from a religious college. Religion certainly has the public ear.

I am not opposed, btw, to nativity plays in schools. So long as the story of Chanukah and all other religions get their say. There's a good deal to be said for comparative religious studies in school.
26-12-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: Thank You Multiculturalism!
... but multiculturalism is the cause of discontent, anger and rioting and we should get back to 'family values' as David Cameron sort of almost didn't quite nearly said.

Beware the backlash.

The success of culture-merging seems to be intricately entwined / directly proportionate to a societies ability to laugh at itself.

This is just an observation so no, I can't give a citation (before anyone asks).

Keep the cultural comedy coming.