"Thank a Doctor, thank a surgeon, thank science"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2013, 09:43 AM
RE: "Thank a Doctor, thank a surgeon, thank science"
(07-01-2013 07:36 PM)Endurance Swimmer Wrote:  Im sure we have all heard Seth talk about his frustration when he hears people have a medical procedure and "Thank God" afterwards, without giving any credit to the medical practitioner that actually looked after them, or science itself - without which we would not have such medical treatments available. I share this view and really get annoyed when i don't hear religious people give credit to the proper recipients.

Well about 4 weeks ago i had a hernia operation, a simple procedure but still one that requires a recovery. However thanks to the great job my surgeon did i was able to get back into my sport of choice (Distance Open Water Swimming) less than two weeks later. Admittedly i had to go easy for a week, but nonetheless, this kind of recovery was unheard of a few decades ago. The procedure was done with keyhole surgery, something much more common now thanks to the advances of science.

Today was my check up and my surgeon was satisfied that everything was fine. It was with great pleasure then that i shook his hand and said "Thanks for doing a great job." I would encourage everyone to remember the years of training these professionals do and the long hours under great pressure, so they can help people like me and you, and always take a moment to thank them for a job well done.

Thank a Doctor, thank a surgeon, thank science, not some imaginary sky fairy.
I've not just thanked my dentist for saving my teeth I've hugged him many times. ( cant' help it, I'm a hugger ) Done this many times with other doctors even with a guy at the auto parts store for fixing something on my car. I firmly believe in one simple rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated. That's why I'm also respectful to my friends and family that are Christian because I want the same respect in return and it's been working pretty good and I've had some really good debates. I haven't changed and mind but I still love a good debate without hate or anger.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like smidgen's post