Thank god? No! Thank me!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 11:06 AM
RE: Thank god? No! Thank me!!
Great story and awesome service you two provide! Have to hand it to our four legged friends - now it is some of the two legged kind that I wonder about.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
29-01-2014, 05:57 PM
(28-01-2014 07:31 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Here are some pics from our last HRD (humans remains detection) training.

So I asked ManlyGirl "Are search and rescue dogs also cadaver dogs?" She says, "Quite often. It's the same skill set." Do the dogs behave any differently when they find a living human than when they find a cadaver? Or is it more like "Work's work." for them?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
29-01-2014, 06:41 PM
(29-01-2014 05:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 07:31 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Here are some pics from our last HRD (humans remains detection) training.

So I asked ManlyGirl "Are search and rescue dogs also cadaver dogs?" She says, "Quite often. It's the same skill set." Do the dogs behave any differently when they find a living human than when they find a cadaver? Or is it more like "Work's work." for them?

It depends entirely on the dog and the situation. They know they are looking for either human or dead human scent.

My k9s show no marked difference when approaching a live person vs a cadaver. Except in the instance of drugs. Bath salts is a problem around my area. Someone who shot up some salt and bugged out had probably OD'ed somewhere. My partner would not approach the body and was not "excited" once he got on a scent.

If there is a difference, it's very subtle.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
29-01-2014, 06:42 PM
You should train your dog to require thanks or it attacks.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
29-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Nice work. Give your partner a big hug for me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2014, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2014 08:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-01-2014 06:41 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 05:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I asked ManlyGirl "Are search and rescue dogs also cadaver dogs?" She says, "Quite often. It's the same skill set." Do the dogs behave any differently when they find a living human than when they find a cadaver? Or is it more like "Work's work." for them?

It depends entirely on the dog and the situation. They know they are looking for either human or dead human scent.

My k9s show no marked difference when approaching a live person vs a cadaver. Except in the instance of drugs. Bath salts is a problem around my area. Someone who shot up some salt and bugged out had probably OD'ed somewhere. My partner would not approach the body and was not "excited" once he got on a scent.

If there is a difference, it's very subtle.

Think I got it. It's work's work until they smell "WHOA! Get a hazmat crew in here pronto! That shit'll kill me if I get too close. ... That shit's gonna kill you if get too close! It's over that way. Get some MOPP-4 suits first."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
30-01-2014, 09:45 PM
(28-01-2014 09:13 AM)nach_in Wrote:  When something like this happens I say "you're welcome" to the ungrateful assholes, the looks on their faces are usually a sight to be seen Tongue

I think I understand what the look is, but I might be wrong. Is it a little but of "duh Hobo" mixed with "Oh... sh- Blink?"
31-01-2014, 01:20 AM
(28-01-2014 08:05 AM)Anjele Wrote:  There are some people that think everything positive comes from their god. Oddly, they don't blame that same god when things go badly. The brainwashing is obviously strong in that one.

This is so true and so unfortunate. I see it all the time with my mom.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."