Thank you god for Huricanes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2017, 01:59 PM
RE: Thank you god for Huricanes
During the eclipse some preacher was claiming that the sun's shadow went across every state that voted for trump....(I'm not kidding) and that this was a sign from god. He forgot about the state of Oregon because I guess we're heathens and we don't count. Dodgy Confirmation bias is utterly blind.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
23-09-2017, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2017 02:54 PM by Loom.)
Reminds me of this:

The poor girl had just lost everything, thought her two cats were dead, almost died herself, and he had the nerve to ask her if she thanked god.

She was in the closet. Not even her parents knew. He put her in the impossible position to either lie to herself or be outed on live TV.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 8 users Like Loom's post
23-09-2017, 03:12 PM
I remember that interview lol

I only saw it once though

I didn't realize how awkward it was until now

I know it's been pointed out a lot but Blitzer's parents were Jewish refugees from Auschwitz.

He was dying for that soundbite and he got one.

I will say this about the OP. If I believed in the Bible I would thank God for kicking me in the nuts and apologize if he stubbed his toe. Jehovah ain't your typical Zeus. He'll stick a red hot poker up your ass and come back in a billion years just to reheat the fucker.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
23-09-2017, 03:31 PM
(23-09-2017 02:49 PM)Loom Wrote:  The poor girl had just lost everything, thought her two cats were dead, almost died herself, and he had the nerve to ask her if she thanked god...

What is it with Americans and their fucking "God"? They had enough scientific expertise to put a man on the moon nearly 50 years ago, but they still believe in the powers of some mythical sky daddy. And nearly 75% of the US population are Christians FFS.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
23-09-2017, 03:48 PM
It's not easy being an atheist here. It's worse than being gay actually, which thankfully is more accepted these days. But for some reason, they want to hold on to the god delusion. Oddly, heald on by the weakest of believers. They can't quote any scripture, they don't even go to church. But they believe. It's a weird sickness of the mind.
[+] 1 user Likes Gleeman's post
23-09-2017, 05:03 PM
When Maria was ravaging the Dominican Republic, I heard some woman on the news saying "I wonder what those people did to deserve two hurricanes". Facepalm

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
23-09-2017, 05:19 PM
I wonder what Glenn Hoddle would say.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
24-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Folks,

The most sick making for me was the ones who thanked God for saving Trump's mansion. Now, that is just taking the p***.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
24-09-2017, 05:41 AM
(23-09-2017 03:48 PM)Gleeman Wrote:  It's not easy being an atheist here. It's worse than being gay actually, which thankfully is more accepted these days.

That's not my experience where I'm at. I'm lucky in that I have a tolerant family, but I've never lied about my atheism. The many, many religious folk around here have all accepted me simply for who I am ... and that's all I really ask.

If they want to give thanks to their deity of choice, it doesn't affect me in the least.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
24-09-2017, 06:16 AM
(24-09-2017 05:41 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 03:48 PM)Gleeman Wrote:  It's not easy being an atheist here. It's worse than being gay actually, which thankfully is more accepted these days.

That's not my experience where I'm at. I'm lucky in that I have a tolerant family, but I've never lied about my atheism. The many, many religious folk around here have all accepted me simply for who I am ... and that's all I really ask.

If they want to give thanks to their deity of choice, it doesn't affect me in the least.
Several of my relatives have offered to kill me so I can find out that I'm wrong about God. Even them good ole boys ain't stupid enough to try it, however. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post