Thank you to The_Thinking_Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Thank you to The_Thinking_Theist
Thank you for reminding me how much I like Cat Stevens! I dug out Tea for the Tillerman and Teaser and the Firecat and am listening to them at work. I remember every word, every note, brings me way, way back.

I need to go through my old CDs and find some other music I had forgotten about.

ThumbsupBig Grin

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
18-11-2013, 05:28 PM
RE: Thank you to The_Thinking_Theist
(18-11-2013 03:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thank you for reminding me how much I like Cat Stevens! I dug out Tea for the Tillerman and Teaser and the Firecat and am listening to them at work. I remember every word, every note, brings me way, way back.

I need to go through my old CDs and find some other music I had forgotten about.

ThumbsupBig Grin

No problem! Glad you like him too. IMHO you're listening to about 2/3 of my theology in some albums... lol

Thumbsup "I've been smiling lately, thinking about good things to come, and I believe it could be, something good has begun" ~Yusef Islam, Peace Train

Now the process to converting this forum to hippy Deist/Theist/Pantheism/Stevenism has begun (muahahahhaahhahaaaaaaa).
18-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Tillerman and Firecat are two of my favorite albums. The man knows how to write great songs.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
18-11-2013, 11:49 PM
(18-11-2013 05:28 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 03:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thank you for reminding me how much I like Cat Stevens! I dug out Tea for the Tillerman and Teaser and the Firecat and am listening to them at work. I remember every word, every note, brings me way, way back.

ThumbsupBig Grin

No problem! Glad you like him too. IMHO you're listening to about 2/3 of my theology in some albums... lol

That's interesting.

Quote:Thumbsup "I've been smiling lately, thinking about good things to come, and I believe it could be, something good has begun" ~Yusef Islam, Peace Train

How ironic that the man who wrote this song (IMO one of the best of the 20th century) was banned from the US as a terrortist/sympathizer.

Have you heard the 10,000 Maniacs version of this? It's pretty inspiring....

Quote:Now the process to converting this forum to hippy Deist/Theist/Pantheism/Stevenism has begun (muahahahhaahhahaaaaaaa).

LOL Well IMO I'm a little young to be a hippie, but I live in CO and can grow my own hooch, if that counts for anything....Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Like the Maniacs as well as Natalie Merchant solo.

I wasn't too young to be a hippie, Cat Stevens was part of the soundtrack of my teens.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
25-11-2013, 02:26 PM
My husband has banned cat Stevens from being played in our house. Sad

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

25-11-2013, 03:02 PM
I haven't thought of Cat Stevens in eons.

Why would your husband ban him?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man