Thankfulness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2015, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2015 09:16 AM by NumberDigit.)
RE: Thankfulness
(13-03-2015 09:13 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 09:20 AM)NumberDigit Wrote:  From an atheistic point of view why should an atheist be thankful. We could have a better world if some select f***s would allow it. I meant the rich and powerful, not theists...lol! Why should atheists be thankful if their wants are suppressed by the ones in control of the world?

Something my dad told me numerous times when I was a kid: you only have so much control over your current situation, but only you can control your attitude.

Just because things could always be better doesn't mean I have to negatively affect my life with pointless sulking or complaining.

Complaining is a great way to get you motivated. It makes you innovative and gets you thinking of ways to change things. Complaining is basically pointless unless the person complaining or someone who heres that complaining acts upon the complaints.

Most people follow the orthodox way of doing things. The people who don't do that and let their minds be free to do anything will be the ones who change things.

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. -Text written by Rob Siltanen with participation of Lee Clow. Steve Jobs said this in on of the Apple commerials
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Atheists should be the most thankful people on earth. Because they have a brain that allows them to live their only life free of the delusion of religion.
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
15-03-2015, 10:00 AM
I suppose as an atheist I can be thankful to all the people who worked to make the world a better place.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
15-03-2015, 10:50 AM
(15-03-2015 10:00 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I suppose as an atheist I can be thankful to all the people who worked to make the world a better place.

As an atheist you can only blame biological beings. Should we blame the comets that brought forth rain onto the rocks or should we blame the Sun for using its gravity to make planets coalesce? It is even difficult to blame a biological being because being that we are a product of evolution means that we can do whatever we want. We may choose to be nice, but we don't have to be. Just like the conscience evolved we can make it devolve if we want. Life sucks, let's fix it. Happiness is more definite if WE DO IT. Instead of waiting and waiting and waiting and wanking and waiting and wanking until someone does something about it.