Thanking who?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: Thanking who?
(26-11-2015 12:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  and btw, speaking as an ignorant foreigner, isn't Thanksgiving the time when the Murikans thank the Injuns for letting them borrow their land?

Consider

I usually thank the Brits for being such self-righteous pricks that people were willing to risk death to get away from those assholes.

Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
26-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs --- Joseph Stalin.

We aren't thanking your invisible sky buddy.....

Why don't you ask some more asinine questions????

fckncnt

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-11-2015, 09:31 AM
(26-11-2015 09:20 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  ...
I usually thank the Brits for being such self-righteous pricks that people were willing to risk death to get away from those assholes.

Drinking Beverage

Whereas the truth is more like ...
Quote:[Great Britain], once home to the Great Circling Poets of Arium. The descendants of these poets made up tales of impending doom about [Britain]. The tales varied; some said it was going to crash into the sun, or the moon was going to crash into the planet. Others said the planet was to be invaded by twelve-foot piranha bees and still others said it was in danger of being eaten by an enormous mutant star-goat.

These tales of impending doom allowed the [Brits] to rid themselves of an entire useless third of their population.

[Image: latest?cb=20120919211456]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
26-11-2015, 09:35 AM
(26-11-2015 09:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-11-2015 09:20 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  ...

Drinking Beverage

Whereas the truth is more like ...
Quote:[Great Britain], once home to the Great Circling Poets of Arium. The descendants of these poets made up tales of impending doom about [Britain]. The tales varied; some said it was going to crash into the sun, or the moon was going to crash into the planet. Others said the planet was to be invaded by twelve-foot piranha bees and still others said it was in danger of being eaten by an enormous mutant star-goat.

These tales of impending doom allowed the [Brits] to rid themselves of an entire useless third of their population.

[Image: latest?cb=20120919211456]

Yeah-- but the downside is once they got rid of the phone sanitizers, everyone died of a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Thanking the fiance for being awesome.

And his mom for cooking. Because I didn't want to do it.
26-11-2015, 11:14 AM
(25-11-2015 09:51 PM)jyoung Wrote:  This Thanksgiving, as you sit around the dinner table expressing gratitude, ask your self who exactly are you thanking.Weeping

Easy, I am thankful to my family. There is no ONE to be thankful too. perhaps if you make more than one post, we can explore this perspective to great detail. Or was your intent to register, make a post, and run away? Help me understand what your point was, I am dying to know...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
26-11-2015, 11:41 AM
(25-11-2015 10:21 PM)DLJ Wrote:  2. Very few people on this site are Murikan so they've never heard of Thanksgiving. Wink

Do we have the actual breakdown of this? I'd be curious to see the numbers and if, in fact, your statement is true. You know, being a skeptic and all.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2015, 11:43 AM
(26-11-2015 09:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs --- Joseph Stalin.

We aren't thanking your invisible sky buddy.....

Why don't you ask some more asinine questions????

fckncnt

Why don't you choke on a big fat cock instead? Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-11-2015, 11:50 AM
(25-11-2015 09:51 PM)jyoung Wrote:  This Thanksgiving, as you sit around the dinner table expressing gratitude, ask your self who exactly are you thanking.Weeping

Bob.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-11-2015, 11:55 AM
(26-11-2015 11:10 AM)natachan Wrote:  Thanking the fiance for being awesome.

And his mom for cooking. Because I didn't want to do it.

Did you at least do the dishes? Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]