Thanks!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Thanks!
Thank you so much other black people! (sarcasm) Lets once again make fun of violence against women, slavery, and the sacrifices of our ancestors. Good fucking job black America!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2013, 01:32 PM
RE: Thanks!
Nobody is naked don't worry
16-08-2013, 01:55 PM
I don't think it's that offensive as it is unfunny... This kind of things, when are done correctly, are funny to watch and don't end up offending anybody. But this is just lame, that's why the racism and sexism things pop up and make people upset. It feels like a cheap mockery instead of a comedy sketch.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
16-08-2013, 03:17 PM
(16-08-2013 01:55 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I don't think it's that offensive as it is unfunny... This kind of things, when are done correctly, are funny to watch and don't end up offending anybody. But this is just lame, that's why the racism and sexism things pop up and make people upset. It feels like a cheap mockery instead of a comedy sketch.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. (though of course I am not an african-american, so uh, meh).

"lol controversy" isn't a punchline. It's the last resort of the unfunny.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
16-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Honestly , Have you not seen the rest of "black" America ?

" My friends. You bow to no one. " - Aragorn

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. " — Samuel Clemens

Simple....buy low, sell high.

Life in Rivendell is nice .
17-08-2013, 08:20 AM
(16-08-2013 11:26 PM)WeasleyFromTheShire Wrote:  Honestly , Have you not seen the rest of "black" America ?

Yes I have, and frankly it's kinda embarrassing.
17-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Well, obviously the video is down so I haven't seen it, but I think good comedy should sometimes cross a line and make people a little uncomfortable. That is how George Carlin did it, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Bill Hicks, Dave Chappelle, and many others. Granted, I am white, but by common misconception most people assume that hillbillies owned slaves...eh, whatever. I would think this video was probably not very funny though. The concept didn't seem to be very funny, but I don't think it was so controversial that an apology was necessitated. Again, haven't seen the clip, so I could be wrong.

17-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Maybe it's just me as a black woman that finds it horrendous
17-08-2013, 01:31 PM
(17-08-2013 01:26 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Maybe it's just me as a black woman that finds it horrendous

Didn't you say that you were half white?

You see there, you taught me something. I didn't say the "M" word. Tongue

17-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I didn't see the video cause it's gone now...

It sounds like it was poorly timed and not funny...but comedy is about risks and every other sketch on SNL or w/e is simply not funny...and I have to say one of the back people of America have going for them in is their amazing sense of humor...Dave Chapell's Black White Supremacist was controversial to and that was ****ing hilarious. Laughing is coping. Comedy is a bridge to greater understanding.