Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 07:04 AM
Thanks
Well, I've been thinking about it, and this place just isn't for me. We share a lack of religious beliefs, but there is a serious double standard here if political beliefs differ.

That's ok. I've enjoyed meeting many of you, and wish you all the best.

Till the next dimension!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
13-08-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: Thanks
Shit.....

WTF is it this week??

Did I forget to brush my teeth again???

Sad

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-08-2016, 07:20 AM
We may be able to discuss religion, but it looks like differing views on politics are still deal breakers. Kind of sad. Undecided

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
13-08-2016, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2016 07:46 AM by cactus.)
So wait, do you not like hearing the differences in political views expressed here, or do you feel like they're too similar and that your particular political views are not welcome? Or is it that the people here tend to engage in political discussion in a way that's either off topic or erring on the side of irrational? (because you're going to find that just about anywhere you go on the internet Wink)

Maybe you're looking for https://www.reddit.com/r/NeutralPolitics/

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
13-08-2016, 07:45 AM
Meh, don't let it get to you. I'm also pretty far off politically (and perhaps psychologically Hobo ) from the stereotypical atheist. I'm about as gun nut as people come, albeit without the funds that you have to support the habit Tongue, and I'm definitely way off on many of my other stances. I still enjoy conversing with these hippies though.

However, in spite of my often politically incorrect way of phrasing things in true "I don't give a shit" fashion, I don't tend to be directly confrontational. The lessons of Dale Carnegie ring true regardless of who your audience is, both on and offline.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
13-08-2016, 08:03 AM
I'm sorry to see anyone go but it might help us to know which political party / side you feel is biased. I suspect its democrat / liberal but that's just an educated guess.
13-08-2016, 08:08 AM
(13-08-2016 07:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Shit.....

WTF is it this week??

Did I forget to brush my teeth again???

Sad

Jebus OB I'm screwed if I know, I suspect banjo will return as its my belief the drugs are fucking with his head but yes its been a strange day that's for sure.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
13-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Politics, guns, and abortion stir up a lot of debate around here.

There is no one preferred stance on anything around here.

Hang around...you really don't just want to talk to people who are all of the same mind, do you?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-08-2016, 08:55 AM
You get a big group of people together, there are going to be disagreements. Don't leave because of it, just stay away from the political sections if they bother you.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
13-08-2016, 09:03 AM
Maybe come back after the election? Politics really get people riled up. I mostly stay out of the politics threads, especially with this year's election. I make a few comments but I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind or make them think the way I think.

You seem like a super smart guy and I may not agree with you politically but that's ok with me. I'd rather have a smart person I don't agree with around here than someone who's on the stupid side that I DO agree with. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post