Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Thanks
There is some stuff you have to let roll of your back.

And, let me say that it does take a while to learn personalities. Soon you will learn who to just ignore...or at least take what they say with a grain of salt.

Anyway...I like you and think you fit in well here.

Your decision, of course, but it seems you fit in just fine around here. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-08-2016, 05:19 PM
(13-08-2016 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There is some stuff you have to let roll of your back.

And, let me say that it does take a while to learn personalities. Soon you will learn who to just ignore...or at least take what they say with a grain of salt.

Anyway...I like you and think you fit in well here.

Your decision, of course, but it seems you fit in just fine around here. Smile

Thank you Anj! Blush
13-08-2016, 05:21 PM
I don't have a gun collection. Not even the metaphorical kind when a person is referring to their arm muscles Weeping

(13-08-2016 03:23 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm a Brit with an eccentric sense of humour
Blink sense of whatnowhuh?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
13-08-2016, 05:57 PM
(13-08-2016 05:21 PM)cactus Wrote:  I don't have a gun collection. Not even the metaphorical kind when a person is referring to their arm muscles Weeping

(13-08-2016 03:23 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm a Brit with an eccentric sense of humour
Blink sense of whatnowhuh?
Laugh out load Colour flavour defence Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
13-08-2016, 09:21 PM
windscreen! boot! Bonnet and spanner Tongue
EDIT: My fave,
ALUMINIUM
Ah-loo-min-eum
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
13-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Dark One.

Yer pretty cool and shit. You should stick around. If girly didn't like ya, he wouldn't bother with ya.

I don't necessarily like all of your politics, but I appreciate your candor and like seeing a different point of view given from an intelligent person, which you seem to be. Good for you. Thumbsup

You do seem to have the right temperament to have some good discussions here, I'd probably cry if you decided to leave for good, and I'm an ugly crier, so you should just shut up and keep posting.

Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
13-08-2016, 10:17 PM
(13-08-2016 09:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  If girly didn't like ya, he wouldn't bother with ya.

Dafuq I did now? Accuse the Dark One of having a micropenis like the Catholic Tapeworm?

#sigh
13-08-2016, 11:10 PM
(13-08-2016 02:48 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Damn you guys...

We're atheists. We're damned already.

(13-08-2016 02:48 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  ...
I truly love debating and arguing with you guys- I love confrontation, as long as it's intelligent and- somewhere down there- friendly.

and that pretty much sums this place up.

On a point of order (for the benefit of newer members), "debate" in its formal sense has a special place called The Boxing Ring.

Argument, fun (and plenty of innuendo) can be found everywhere else (with some minor limitations in some moderated zones (Introductions and Personal Issues and Support sections).

But there are several folks here who are just abusive, ... they are offensive constantly, and nobody seems to notice.

Oh, we notice.

From an Admin perspective, on a spectrum of free-flow offensive dialectic to admonishment/censorship, the forum favours the former. The latter is rare (and largely depends upon whether Moms has had her morning coffee) Angel

the internet doesn't have a "punch him in the throat" option yet, so I have no recourse- true communication has completely broken down.

Blink Are you saying that for Texans, "punch him in the throat" is part of the dialectic? i.e. 'before' "communication has completely broken down".

Gotta love that. Big Grin

(13-08-2016 03:23 PM)adey67 Wrote:  ...
sometimes I find this place frustrating, people sometimes misinterpret what I mean in my posts because I'm a Brit with an eccentric sense of humour

Jeez! Tell me about it!

Rest assured though, that the forum team consists of:
3 x Commonwealthers
3 x Colonials
(and 1 x Jewish cat)

So, nearly half will defend your right to eccentricity and the correct spelling of "humour".
"I'll give you my "u" when you pry it from my cold, dead hands"

(13-08-2016 03:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  ...
Somehow this freaking election seems to be bringing out the worst in everyone.

Or the best, depending upon your perspective.

There has been some excellent fact-checking, data-gathering and even some finely tuned nuance.

Often these are triggered by some inane assertions ... as with religious claims, so with political claims.

It's a great way to learn and long may it continue after your local election. Big Grin

(13-08-2016 10:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... Accuse the Dark One of having a micropenis ...

Says the man with a mi ...

Oops! Forgive me. That was childish.

Angel

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
14-08-2016, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2016 01:18 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Once you get to punching someone in the throat, I'd say conversation has already broken down. I've never seen the point of resorting to physical violence in response to words and don't practice it myself.

But there is a "punch-in-the-throat" button online -- there's actually about 110 of them; it's called your keyboard, and given the right combination of thinking, word choice, and wit, it's entirely possible to eviscerate someone ... without breaking any laws, and without even being an asshole -- though I sometimes avail myself of that option as well.

I've found that when I encounter someone who behaves obviously different online than they would IRL, my best option is to pay them no mind. Why should I let a blowhard get me out of my groove?

Hey, if you're willing to stay, there's a lot to enjoy here.

(13-08-2016 07:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Shit.....

WTF is it this week??

Did I forget to brush my teeth again???

Sad

Not this week ... he's done this at AF too.
14-08-2016, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2016 03:05 AM by adey67.)
(13-08-2016 09:21 PM)skyking Wrote:  windscreen! boot! Bonnet and spanner Tongue
EDIT: My fave,
ALUMINIUM
Ah-loo-min-eum

Aluminium
Aloominum ?????
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post