Thanks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: Thanks
(13-08-2016 10:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 09:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  If girly didn't like ya, he wouldn't bother with ya.

Dafuq I did now? Accuse the Dark One of having a micropenis like the Catholic Tapeworm?

I can go one better as I have a nano penis Laugh out load Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Quote:Blink Are you saying that for Texans, "punch him in the throat" is part of the dialectic? i.e. 'before' "communication has completely broken down".

Gotta love that. Big Grin

Hmm...probably shouldn't say Texas, I guess, as it's a big place with a lot of varying attitudes. West texas, where I was born and raised, yes, although I think it comes AS communication is failing.
I graduated high school in 1983. So this applies to the 79-83 high school years in west Texas, beyond that I really can't comment.

The school rule- in the student handbook- was that fist fights were not allowed inside school buildings or buses. Any fight that damaged school property, involved the use of a weapon, was of uneven number, or injured an uninvolved party, would result in disciplinary measures.

That is pretty much verbatim. So a basic outdoor fistfights, by extrapolation, were allowed. It was common, considered a result of puberty and hormones and finding one's place and limits. Seemed perfectly natural to me.

Every pickup in the school parking lot had a gun rack in the rear window, and it was almost all pickups. Those gun racks contained shotguns and rifles, for hunting before or after school, target shooting, looking cool...whatever. Nobody gave it much thought.
The only rules in the handbook were "You may not discharge a firearm on school property unless with express permission on the school firing range" (i.e. rifle team)
and "A student will be disciplined if he displays a firearm with the intent of causing fear or intimidation in another".

Every student, male at least (and many females) carried the requisite large brass handled Buck lock blade knife. There was no rule at all that I can recall about knives. People used common sense...if you wore an 8" hunting knife on your belt, you were probably going to be asked why...if you had no reason, you were told to lock it in your locker until final bell. No problem.

Never, in my entire 18 years of school, plus flight school and police academy, was a weapon used in a fight or anyone threatened that way- the closest I remember was a time or two a person losing a fight would try to pick up a rock or something, and then the spectators would jump in and restrain him/her. Bad form.

This all seems as alien to you guys as your ways do to us Texans...to my point of view, our natures are inherently violent...whether you like it or not, we are an (the?) apex predator...we have violent tendencies within us. Many places try to deny that, which is one method, but I think it causes internal pressures. The Texas way is to recognize that, and give young folks an opportunity to learn limitations and self control.

Between 2000 and 2010 there were no school shootings in the state of Texas that I can find.

Between 2011 and 2016, there were technically 7 shootings on school campuses in Texas, but they were largely against the police, not other students. In those 7 shootings, 5 police and two civilians died in a single event in July of this year, and in one other shooting, a single person died. (These numbers do not count the shooter himself, who always dies in Texas. Generally self inflicted, but if not we give him a hand, free of charge.)

(these numbers are from a quick internet search- I believe them to be very close, but can't guarantee they are 100% accurate.)

Compare these numbers with all of the states with strict gun control- California, New York, etc. Now tell me gun control is effective.
14-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Quote:Dafuq I did now? Accuse the Dark One of having a micropenis like the Catholic Tapeworm?

Err, sorry, but...wtf is a catholic tapeworm??? Weird images in my head...
14-08-2016, 09:49 AM
(14-08-2016 09:38 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:Dafuq I did now? Accuse the Dark One of having a micropenis like the Catholic Tapeworm?

It's girlyspeak...takes a little while to learn it. He has nicknames for some of the people here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
14-08-2016, 09:49 AM
Quote:You do seem to have the right temperament to have some good discussions here, I'd probably cry if you decided to leave for good, and I'm an ugly crier, so you should just shut up and keep posting.

Thanks eh...I've been in the hospital this past week, I was recovering from hernia surgery and developed a nasty infection. I've been on dilaudid and norco and morphine and damned if I know what else, and I think it stirred my pot a little...I usually don't let stuff like that bother me, I have lived my life by one axiom...I'll do it until it stops being fun. I was definitely having more fun here than not, but the drugs made me fixate on one thing, I guess, and tipped the scales. I'm home and back on just norco now, so hopefully all is well.

If that is the cause, sorry guys...if it wasn't, I think I hit menopause. Or andropause. or something. Sorry, anyhow. Angel
[+] 3 users Like The Dark One's post
14-08-2016, 09:52 AM
(14-08-2016 09:38 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  

My best guess is Shai Hulud who says he is Catholic and just a sandworm.

Guess who circumference is?

Extra points if you can figure out who Fullerene is. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-08-2016, 10:09 AM
Quote:Once you get to punching someone in the throat, I'd say conversation has already broken down. I've never seen the point of resorting to physical violence in response to words and don't practice it myself.

The punch in the throat isn't a result of a difference of opinion, it's a result of one person ceasing to listen to the other and still advancing his point...vigorously. You could walk away, sure...but where is the fun in that, and when would the obstinate bastard learn anything?

To say that violence never solves problems is...just ridiculous. Violence has solved more problems in world history than any other force. Think we could have just asked Hitler nicely to stop doing what he did? Mussolini? Bin Laden? Saddam Hussein?

Measured violence, in the correct proportion, is an excellent- and natural- response. Wanton violence, cruel violence, senseless violence...bad. Pretty simple.

If a person is in my face about something, I try very hard to calm him, reason with him, educate him...de-escalate him. If that fails, it makes more sense to me to knock him on his ass, instead of walking off and leaving him in that state, to attack the next person he meets. Assuming he'd even allow me to walk away.

Different beliefs, obviously. It's odd that we take the fact that we don't believe in a
heavenly father" together without a problem, but something as basic as standing up for yourself throws us a curve. We do it differently...why does it have to be such a point of contention? We probably tie our shoes differently too...

Quote:Not this week ... he's done this at AF too.

Gee, thanks thumpy! Alternately, there are some real assholes at AF as well! AF was the first forum I ever joined, I was unaware at the time that atheists and liberals were damned near synonymous , and after learning that nothing I had to say was going to be popular, I left...politely, I believe. The "Thinking" atheist sounded a bit more reasonable , and it has been. I was on AF for...what, 5 hours? I wouldn't exactly call that a frenzy or a spree...or even a pattern.
14-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Quote:My best guess is Shai Hulud who says he is Catholic and just a sandworm.

Guess who circumference is?

Extra points if you can figure out who Fullerene is. Big Grin

I speak German fluently, and am about 80% fluent in Spanish...I have no idea what you're speaking!

Isn't fullerene a chemistry term...I can't remember what, but it seems like it was a form of...something.No idea about a "who".???
14-08-2016, 10:15 AM
nicknames for forum members. Those are easySmile
14-08-2016, 10:16 AM
Quote:If girly didn't like ya, he wouldn't bother with ya.

Holy shite...I hope he doesn't fall in love with me!
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post