Thanks Muslims!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2012, 10:24 AM
RE: Thanks Muslims!
(17-09-2012 10:15 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 04:05 PM)TheDoctorPhil Wrote:  The thread is appropriately titled "Thanks Muslims!" because that's who did it. If they were Christians it would be "Thanks Christians!", if Jews, "Thanks Jews!" and so on and so forth.

In hindsight we all might have been better off if you named it "Fucking Jews".
Please explain. On the face of it, that sounds really rude, but I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2012, 10:37 AM
(17-09-2012 10:22 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Sorry, but this goes far beyond "I'm offended by that". Rolleyes They should keep their opinion to their selves? Really? You say "sit down and shut up" eh?
Everyone is allowed to tell their opinion, but as soon as violence is used it shows it's just about having a hissy fit. No reason to express your opinion if you aren't open for a mature conversation about it.

(17-09-2012 10:22 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Do you feel your country (I don't know where you're from) should do the same when it feels it's being wronged?
Depends how my country (I live in belgium) is being wronged. Insulting Belgium or any of its cultures or religions isn't a good reason to take any action. Only when damage has been done (billions of euros lost, murder or any other criminal activity) would I agree with an action.

(17-09-2012 10:22 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Maybe you didn't literally mean all expression of opinion, but just the violent ones. If so, ok but that was the whole point. They peacefully expressed their opinion with the hunger strike and it got ignored...
Yea, and like I said it's because the media doesn't care about stuff like that, doesn't mean they have to use violence every time, what do I care if a bunch of people 3000 km away get offended but now they basically throw it in my face because the media reports of the protests and I find it quite arrogant of the protesters and the media that they except us to care. I only find it a shame people died because of it and that they took that movie serious.

chan chan ki sikin aman
17-09-2012, 10:59 AM
(17-09-2012 10:24 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(17-09-2012 10:15 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  In hindsight we all might have been better off if you named it "Fucking Jews".
Please explain. On the face of it, that sounds really rude, but I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Blaming it on the Jews, and getting in an argument about that, seems like it would have been a lot more productive, or at least funnier, than what the thread is right now.

It was also a joke, which must not have worked.

That could have been kind of rude, I guess.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
17-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Dear Impulse,
i quote you statemente in that way, because i am unable to do it like Logica Humano has done it.
I try to figured out, but it does'nt work.
I numbered the quotes in the order they appear in the text.
And if any other member her has difficultys to understand what you realy mean, he can read the original post.

2. How do you insult an idea? Religion is'nt capable of being insulted, because
Religion is not a person.
That is one problem with Muslims, they cannot or will not make a distinction
between their religion and themselfs as persons.
3. I was not trying to brake down the context.

4. Again, i talked aboute the raging mop of muslims in lybia, sudan and not about
the palastinians.
The palastinians have protestet too, but they dont attacked other peoples
embassys.
But i read that Saeb Erekat, a leader of the PLO stated, this video is racist and
fascist.
Thats odd, until now i though Islam is a Religion and muslims are the follwers of
this Faith.
Are muslims a race?
How muslims define the word fascism?
I seems to me he watch out for the ugliest words he can think of and smashed
them into the next micro he can get.
That is the problem, if you argue with an angry stomach.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post
17-09-2012, 11:50 AM
(17-09-2012 11:09 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Dear Impulse,
i quote you statemente in that way, because i am unable to do it like Logica Humano has done it.
I try to figured out, but it does'nt work.
I numbered the quotes in the order they appear in the text.
And if any other member her has difficultys to understand what you realy mean, he can read the original post.
No worries. I don't know that people read every post in long threads so I just wanted it to be clear that my post had been altered.

(17-09-2012 11:09 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  2. How do you insult an idea? Religion is'nt capable of being insulted, because
Religion is not a person.
That is one problem with Muslims, they cannot or will not make a distinction
between their religion and themselfs as persons.
Religion can be insulted, but of course only its followers will feel the insult. That's actually what my point was - you can't insult the religion without the people also being insulted. That being the case, it was possible for the embassy attack to have come from either religion or from the people separate from the religion. The attack in response to the video wasn't about following their faith as if their faith compelled them to do this (which would have been a reaction from religion), but about responding to the insult to something very important to them as well as the historical context (a reaction from human emotion and dignity). Therefore, I conclude it had more to do with people feeling insulted by other people that they already consider enemies at some level and less to do with religion.

(17-09-2012 11:09 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  3. I was not trying to brake down the context.
Ok, but again, if people haven't read all the posts, it could have been misunderstood so I was just trying to make it clear.

(17-09-2012 11:09 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  4. Again, i talked aboute the raging mop of muslims in lybia, sudan and not about
the palastinians.
The palastinians have protestet too, but they dont attacked other peoples
embassys.
But i read that Saeb Erekat, a leader of the PLO stated, this video is racist and
fascist.
Thats odd, until now i though Islam is a Religion and muslims are the follwers of
this Faith.
Are muslims a race?
How muslims define the word fascism?
I seems to me he watch out for the ugliest words he can think of and smashed
them into the next micro he can get.
That is the problem, if you argue with an angry stomach.
You are correct that Muslims are followers of the Islamic religion. As far as I know, Muslims are not also a race, but I'm not 100% sure about that one.

I think the fact that one group of Muslims will attack an embassy while another group won't stands as evidence that the influence to violence does not come from Islam itself which they all follow.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
17-09-2012, 11:57 AM
(17-09-2012 11:50 AM)Impulse Wrote:  You are correct that Muslims are followers of the Islamic religion. As far as I know, Muslims are not also a race, but I'm not 100% sure about that one.

[quote]I think the fact that one group of Muslims will attack an embassy while another group won't stands as evidence that the influence to violence does not come from Islam itself which they all follow.

There is no Muslim race.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
17-09-2012, 12:10 PM
There is the Semitic race. There is no "Muslim" or "Jewish" race.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
17-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Dear Impulse,

your argument aboute the insulted religion is non-logical.
Religion is a Mind-construct, an idea. Basicly spoken religion is a thought.
So, a thought can't be punished, beaten, destroid, or otherwise be harmed.
You can't even make that a thought is unthought.
The only thing you can do, if you dont like a thought is to ignore him.

But the followers of a religion reflecting there thought of an insult on the idea itself.
In other words, the follower of an idea becomes identical with the idea.
What ever a beliefer recived from the outsite, it is filtered and rated through the idea.
Thats why they think there religion was insulted. It was not, it's the same idea as it was befor.

17-09-2012, 12:52 PM
(17-09-2012 12:25 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Dear Impulse,

your argument aboute the insulted religion is non-logical.
Religion is a Mind-construct, an idea. Basicly spoken religion is a thought.
So, a thought can't be punished, beaten, destroid, or otherwise be harmed.
You can't even make that a thought is unthought.
The only thing you can do, if you dont like a thought is to ignore him.

But the followers of a religion reflecting there thought of an insult on the idea itself.
In other words, the follower of an idea becomes identical with the idea.
What ever a beliefer recived from the outsite, it is filtered and rated through the idea.
Thats why they think there religion was insulted. It was not, it's the same idea as it was befor.
I think the point is debatable because one can certainly put down, denounce, denigrate, ... or whatever term you want to use ... the concept or idea of religion itself or a specific religion. Therefore, you can insult the concept. There will be no feeling of being insulted because a thing or an abstraction has no feelings. For the feelings, you have to include the people who believe in it.

Anyway, it's really a tangent that isn't relevant to the main discussion since it seems we both agree that the people following the religion will be insulted regardless.

17-09-2012, 01:04 PM
(17-09-2012 12:10 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  There is the Semitic race. There is no "Muslim" or "Jewish" race.

Dear logica Humano,
your statement is incorrect.
The semit's are a biblical-based group of nations and shared the same language.
Historical is the term semit questionable because of the lack of "real" shared ancestor's.
After the 6-day-war the israelian nation separate's itself from the semitic's and become Zionistes.