Thanks Muslims!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2012, 02:49 PM
RE: Thanks Muslims!
(14-09-2012 02:17 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Murder is never justified by historical knowledge.

Sure you can empathize with them, but empathy does not make their actions correct.

Maybe they should learn that behavior like this will only bring about trouble.
Who said any of it is justified? Was the US justified in taking land (together with the UN) that didn't have a clear owner (for lack of a better word) and deciding who would own it after WWII? It isn't murder from their perspective, it's war. They believe they are likely in a hopeless situation, but they are at least going to go down fighting. I'm pretty sure that, if the US wasn't a super power and another country, maybe the old USSR, had overpowered us at some point in time and given our land away, you wouldn't want to sit down and merely accept it as the new reality. I agree behavior like this from the extremists will only bring about trouble, but what can they do that won't? It's either accept their violated situation or bring about trouble. The obvious real alternative is to sit down, talk, and work out a compromise. But that has been tried already over and over throughout history and hasn't worked yet. They have no reason to believe it ever will.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
14-09-2012, 03:31 PM
(14-09-2012 01:15 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Now suicide bombings, beheadings, embassy attacks, terrorism, etc. are not a very productive way of dealing with the problem, but what choice do they really have?

I will give them a few options.
A) Cease the practice of Islam.
B) Reform Islam.
C) Stop violence, and continue Islam.
D) Grow up and let go of petty quibbles.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
14-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Hey, I've got an idea.

Ill go over there and claim to be some sort of messiah. The reincarnation of Muhammad.

I'll teach that woman are equal and to love your enemies and not condone voilence yada yada yada.

And say that these barbaric acts of theirs is done away with and the old law.

Hey that's how christianity scapegoat past the OT.

Waitasec, That may mean i have to sacrifice myself or something.

Never mind.

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
14-09-2012, 03:44 PM
(14-09-2012 03:41 PM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  Hey, I've got an idea.

Ill go over there and claim to be some sort of messiah. The reincarnation of Muhammad.

I'll teach that woman are equal and to love your enemies and not condone voilence yada yada yada.

And say that these barbaric acts of theirs is done away with and the old law.

Hey that's how christianity scapegoat past the OT.

Waitasec, That may mean i have to sacrifice myself or something.

Never mind.

But in the meantime, you get to have a gaggle of young wives. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Here's an idea: Act rationally for a fucking change. That'd be a start. Instead of blowing people up when you get mad, start a diary, hit a pillow, grab a doob.

14-09-2012, 03:50 PM
(14-09-2012 03:46 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Here's an idea: Act rationally for a fucking change. That'd be a start. Instead of blowing people up when you get mad, start a diary, hit a pillow, grab a doob.

Of course it would be better if they acted rationally, but they are swimming in a sea of irrationality inculcated since childhood. We have the same problem with the fundies in the U.S. Some of them kill doctors.

14-09-2012, 03:57 PM
(14-09-2012 03:41 PM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  Hey, I've got an idea.

Peace be upon you.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
14-09-2012, 04:09 PM
(14-09-2012 03:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 03:46 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Here's an idea: Act rationally for a fucking change. That'd be a start. Instead of blowing people up when you get mad, start a diary, hit a pillow, grab a doob.

Of course it would be better if they acted rationally, but they are swimming in a sea of irrationality inculcated since childhood. We have the same problem with the fundies in the U.S. Some of them kill doctors.

Aye, aye cap'n. There ought to be at least one rational mind that can make a difference in that giant mess.

14-09-2012, 04:14 PM
(14-09-2012 04:09 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 03:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  Of course it would be better if they acted rationally, but they are swimming in a sea of irrationality inculcated since childhood. We have the same problem with the fundies in the U.S. Some of them kill doctors.

Aye, aye cap'n. There ought to be at least one rational mind that can make a difference in that giant mess.

There have been. They have fatwas issued against them. Consider

14-09-2012, 04:26 PM
(14-09-2012 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 04:09 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Aye, aye cap'n. There ought to be at least one rational mind that can make a difference in that giant mess.

There have been. They have fatwas issued against them. Consider

But yet, according to some on here, Islam isn't the problem. Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post