Thanks Muslims!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2012, 04:39 PM
RE: Thanks Muslims!
(14-09-2012 04:26 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  There have been. They have fatwas issued against them. Consider

But yet, according to some on here, Islam isn't the problem. Consider

Well, if all countries had secular governments, it couldn't be the problem it is.

It mostly doesn't matter what the religion is if it has temporal power - it will be a problem. Islam and Christianity have both shown themselves entirely lacking in restraint when in power; they murder in the name of their gods, they oppress in the name of their gods, they crush freedom in the name of their gods. They are anti-science, anti-women, anti-rational.

Religion is a big part of the problem.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-09-2012, 04:40 PM
(14-09-2012 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 04:26 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  But yet, according to some on here, Islam isn't the problem. Consider

Well, if all countries had secular governments, it couldn't be the problem it is.

It mostly doesn't matter what the religion is if it has temporal power - it will be a problem. Islam and Christianity have both shown themselves entirely lacking in restraint when in power; they murder in the name of their gods, they oppress in the name of their gods, they crush freedom in the name of their gods. They are anti-science, anti-women, anti-rational.

And so speaks the Tersinator.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
14-09-2012, 04:50 PM
(14-09-2012 04:40 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, if all countries had secular governments, it couldn't be the problem it is.

And so speaks the Tersinator.

I have spoken. Let those amongst ye who have just arguments come forward and be heard.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-09-2012, 04:57 PM
You people are a bunch of fucking 5 year olds!

How can you honestly say that 2,200,000,000,000 people on this planet, are all violent and anti American, based on the actions of about 20 people. Ive never seen more prejudice in my entire life. I bet 99% of Muslims are just trying to get by, trying to feed their family's, and live a good life.

It's like saying every Catholic in Ireland hates the UK because a bunch of IRA retards killed a UK ambassador.
14-09-2012, 05:07 PM
(14-09-2012 04:57 PM)Magoo Wrote:  You people are a bunch of fucking 5 year olds!

How can you honestly say that 2,200,000,000,000 people on this planet, are all violent and anti American, based on the actions of about 20 people. Ive never seen more prejudice in my entire life. I bet 99% of Muslims are just trying to get by, trying to feed their family's, and live a good life.

It's like saying every Catholic in Ireland hates the UK because a bunch of IRA retards killed a UK ambassador.

You're off by three orders of magnitude.

However, I agree that most religious people are not the direct problem.

My beef is two-fold: Religion having political power and irrational beliefs in general.
These are different, but related, problems.

14-09-2012, 05:18 PM
(14-09-2012 04:57 PM)Magoo Wrote:  You people are a bunch of fucking 5 year olds!

It's not the people in particular that are the problem, but a belief that in some extremist's eyes are justifying violent actions towards innocent people.
And it's not just a couple of people in that part of the world react violently to the most redicious shit, but a huge part of them. In the last month i've seen 2 cases where a woman or a girl gets threatened with jailtime or even death in Pakistan alone for making a comment towards islam or questioning it.
14-09-2012, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 05:32 PM by fstratzero.)
(14-09-2012 02:49 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 02:17 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Murder is never justified by historical knowledge.

Sure you can empathize with them, but empathy does not make their actions correct.

Maybe they should learn that behavior like this will only bring about trouble.
Who said any of it is justified? Was the US justified in taking land (together with the UN) that didn't have a clear owner (for lack of a better word) and deciding who would own it after WWII? It isn't murder from their perspective, it's war. They believe they are likely in a hopeless situation, but they are at least going to go down fighting. I'm pretty sure that, if the US wasn't a super power and another country, maybe the old USSR, had overpowered us at some point in time and given our land away, you wouldn't want to sit down and merely accept it as the new reality. I agree behavior like this from the extremists will only bring about trouble, but what can they do that won't? It's either accept their violated situation or bring about trouble. The obvious real alternative is to sit down, talk, and work out a compromise. But that has been tried already over and over throughout history and hasn't worked yet. They have no reason to believe it ever will.

<sarcasm>
Egypt, Libya, and Yemen totally oppressed and victimized by the U.S.
</sarcasm>

War is worse than murder. I hope you know that.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
14-09-2012, 05:28 PM
A good watch considering this subject.

http://youtu.be/RUEaMA4gRIk

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
14-09-2012, 07:09 PM
The president of Egypt as well as the Muslim Brotherhood party itself denounced the violence.
14-09-2012, 07:30 PM
(14-09-2012 07:09 PM)Ghost Wrote:  The president of Egypt as well as the Muslim Brotherhood party itself denounced the violence.

I hope the majority favors the leaders. I'm sure they'll be calling each other fukaars(basically means nonbelievers/or a person pretending to be a muslim).

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp