That Damn Bigfoot Thing

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
04-12-2014, 12:36 PM
RE: That Damn Bigfoot Thing
I don't think anyone is claiming that the phrase "I saw an aircraft I couldn't identify." is invalid.

A- we know that aircraft exist
B- the idea that you saw one you couldn't identify, unless you claim you know every make and model of aircraft that exist now and in the past, is not only possible it's quite likely

So, if a marine biologist claims they saw an unidentified species of fish...

A- we know fish exist
B- the idea of finding a new species, since marine biologists don't claim to know every species of fish that are in the oceans now, is extremely possible

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
04-12-2014, 12:39 PM
(04-12-2014 12:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Expanding on my previous post.

If your 12 eyewitnesses had said they saw an unidentified craft complying with all physical constraints known to be true then pfft, no one would be arguing with you. So big deal if me and 11 buddies saw something in the sky leaving a contrail but could not ID? Hardly news worthy.

Saying that whatever we saw moved in ways that violated the rules of physics then yeah, everyone would like solid substantiated evidence besides "did you see that?".

You didn't answer the question.

Did they see an aircraft or not?

It's obvious they seen an aircraft.

What is in question is anything else they reported seeing. Agreed?

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
04-12-2014, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 04:02 PM by Full Circle.)
(04-12-2014 12:39 PM)Free Wrote:  

If your 12 eyewitnesses had said they saw an unidentified craft complying with all physical constraints known to be true then pfft, no one would be arguing with you. So big deal if me and 11 buddies saw something in the sky leaving a contrail but could not ID? Hardly news worthy.

Saying that whatever we saw moved in ways that violated the rules of physics then yeah, everyone would like solid substantiated evidence besides "did you see that?".

Stop yelling

There is no conclusive evidence that what they saw was a craft. Even if it was a craft it would most likely be a man-made one. That's it, that's as far as you or anyone can go with this. Extrapolating the report of the O'Hare incident to a possible alien craft is wishful thinking at best and delusional at worst.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Anyways, back on the subject of BigFoot ...

As I mentioned in the UFO thread I am originally from a small island in Atlantic Canada, known as Prince Edward Island. Recently, a film surfaced regarding BigFoot, and personally I am not convinced.

Who can debunk this video?

Big Foot PEI

Being from PEI, I know the island like the back of my hand, and this video is almost certainly faked. The reason (they claim) they were filming there was because they were filming for a short video about some guy running away from some bad guys.

Go!

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
04-12-2014, 12:54 PM
(04-12-2014 12:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 12:39 PM)Free Wrote:  You didn't answer the question.

Stop yelling

There is no conclusive evidence that what they saw was a craft. Even if it was a craft the most likely would be a man-made one. That's it, that's as far as you or anyone can go with this. Extrapolating the report of the O'Hare incident to a possible alien craft is wishful thinking at best and delusional at worst.

YELLING IS WHEN I POST ALL IN CAPS! Laugh out load

Agreed.

There is no conclusive evidence that 3 marine biologists seen any new species of fish either.

So ... 6 of 1 ...

Big Grin

04-12-2014, 01:04 PM
(04-12-2014 12:54 PM)Free Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 12:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Stop yelling

There is no conclusive evidence that what they saw was a craft. Even if it was a craft the most likely would be a man-made one. That's it, that's as far as you or anyone can go with this. Extrapolating the report of the O'Hare incident to a possible alien craft is wishful thinking at best and delusional at worst.

YELLING IS WHEN I POST ALL IN CAPS! Laugh out load

Agreed.

There is no conclusive evidence that 3 marine biologists seen any new species of fish either.

So ... 6 of 1 ...

Big Grin

Facepalm you have jumped the proverbial shark with that last conclusion.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
04-12-2014, 01:08 PM
(04-12-2014 11:57 AM)Free Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 11:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  It is amazing that you still don't understand that the quality of evidence required depends on the nature of the claim.

If you are referring to the UFO thread, what is so unusual about 12 people- experienced with aircraft- seeing an aircraft they could not identify?

How is that less credible than 3 persons seeing a fish they could not identify?

If we take all pictures out of the equation, and replaced the 3 marine persons with 6 marine persons, and they all said they observed some fish they could not identify, and described the fish ... then should we claim they didn't see any fish at all, or that what they seen was not fish?

I don't think so. They are credible. They seen some fish.

Nope. Both of those alternatives are credible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-12-2014, 01:08 PM
(04-12-2014 01:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 12:54 PM)Free Wrote:  YELLING IS WHEN I POST ALL IN CAPS! Laugh out load

Agreed.

So ... 6 of 1 ...

Big Grin

Facepalm you have jumped the proverbial shark with that last conclusion.

No way. The scenario's are indistinguishable, except for the fact that UFO scenario had 9 more credible witnesses than the fish scenario.

04-12-2014, 01:10 PM
(04-12-2014 12:39 PM)Free Wrote:  

Nope. It is not obvious.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2014, 01:12 PM
(04-12-2014 01:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 12:39 PM)Free Wrote:  You didn't answer the question.

Nope. It is not obvious.

Okay, nobody seen any new species of fish at all.

Big Grin