That Damn Bigfoot Thing

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
04-12-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: That Damn Bigfoot Thing
(04-12-2014 01:08 PM)Free Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 01:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Facepalm you have jumped the proverbial shark with that last conclusion.

No way. The scenario's are indistinguishable, except for the fact that UFO scenario had 9 more credible witnesses than the fish scenario.

Indistinguishable except for one teeny weeny difference that has been explained ad neuseam, hard evidence.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
04-12-2014, 01:31 PM
(04-12-2014 01:12 PM)Free Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 01:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Nope. It is not obvious.

Okay, nobody seen any new species of fish at all.

Big Grin

You are either really thick or you are just being an ass.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2014, 01:34 PM
(04-12-2014 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 01:12 PM)Free Wrote:  Okay, nobody seen any new species of fish at all.

Big Grin

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Too bad.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-12-2014, 01:36 PM
(04-12-2014 01:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are either really thick or you are just being an ass.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Too bad.
Ditto.

or would that be trippo?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
04-12-2014, 01:37 PM
(04-12-2014 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 01:12 PM)Free Wrote:  Okay, nobody seen any new species of fish at all.

Big Grin

Neither.

I have accomplished what I set out to do. You may not like what I did- as others here- but the point is ... I made my point whether you like/agree or not.

Anyways, back on the topic of Big Foot.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
04-12-2014, 01:46 PM
(04-12-2014 01:37 PM)Free Wrote:  ... I made my point whether you like/agree or not.
Which was.....?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
04-12-2014, 01:51 PM
(04-12-2014 01:37 PM)Free Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are either really thick or you are just being an ass.

Neither.

I have accomplished what I set out to do. You may not like what I did- as others here- but the point is ... I made my point whether you like/agree or not.

Actually, you didn't. You stated your argument and none of us agreed with you.

04-12-2014, 01:57 PM
(04-12-2014 01:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 01:37 PM)Free Wrote:  Neither.

Actually, you didn't. You stated your argument and none of us agreed with you.

Whether or not you agree is completely not relevant.

If you refuse to acknowledge the comparative point I made between the scenarios of the UFO and the fish, then it's not a matter of agreement.

It's a matter of a lack of intellectual honesty.

Sorry to say ...Consider

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
04-12-2014, 02:00 PM
(04-12-2014 01:57 PM)Free Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 01:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Actually, you didn't. You stated your argument and none of us agreed with you.

Whether or not you agree is completely not relevant.

If you refuse to acknowledge the comparative point I made between the scenarios of the UFO and the fish, then it's not a matter of agreement.

Sorry to say ...Consider

No, it is a matter of you being wrong. You still don't get it - the kind of claim determines what level of evidence is required.

The fish, bigfoot, and aliens are not interchangeable arguments.

[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
04-12-2014, 02:13 PM
(04-12-2014 02:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 01:57 PM)Free Wrote:  Whether or not you agree is completely not relevant.

Sorry to say ...Consider

No, it is a matter of you being wrong. You still don't get it - the kind of claim determines what level of evidence is required.

The fish, bigfoot, and aliens are not interchangeable arguments.

I said nothing about aliens. It is this lack of intellectual honesty that I am speaking about.

The questions are exceptionally simple.

Q 1: Did 12 persons, experienced with aircraft, see an aircraft they could not identify?

Q 2: Did 3 persons, experienced with marine life, see a fish they could not identify?

In both cases, all witnesses could describe what they see, and all witness in each situation described it virtually identical.

So the question of, "How is the claim of 12 persons- experienced with aircraft- and who claim to have seen an aircraft they couldn't identify any less credible than the 3 persons who are experienced with marine biology and who claim to have seen a fish they couldn't identify?

How is the 3 who seen a fish they couldn't identify any more credible than the 12 who claimed to see an aircraft they couldn't identify?

That is all the info you have to work with.

Now please answer to those questions only, without adding a single stitch of any other speculation or evidence.

And ... that's my point.