That Damn Bigfoot Thing

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
04-12-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: That Damn Bigfoot Thing
(04-12-2014 02:54 PM)Free Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 02:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  The dishonest ones. No, no one agrees that the cases are parallel.

We're done here. You are disingenuous and illogical.

There is absolutely nothing dishonest about any of those questions. In fact, I gave a preemptive advisory:

Quote:Now please answer to those questions only, without adding a single stitch of any other speculation or evidence.

And again, your intellectual dishonesty is glaring. The reality is, your position has been fucking cornered, bent over, and fucked into oblivion to such an extent that it has been forced to answer the question of "Who's your daddy?'

Drinking Beverage

The framing of the arguments is dishonest, but I'm not the least surprised that you don't see that.

You'd get along well with Heywood Jahblome, another member who argues as dishonestly as you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-12-2014, 03:03 PM
(04-12-2014 03:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 02:54 PM)Free Wrote:  There is absolutely nothing dishonest about any of those questions. In fact, I gave a preemptive advisory:

And again, your intellectual dishonesty is glaring. The reality is, your position has been fucking cornered, bent over, and fucked into oblivion to such an extent that it has been forced to answer the question of "Who's your daddy?'

Drinking Beverage

The framing of the arguments is dishonest, but I'm not the least surprised that you don't see that.

Would you care to point out HOW the framing of those arguments is dishonest?

Let's see it.

Big Grin

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2014, 03:11 PM
(04-12-2014 03:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  You'd get along well with Heywood Jahblome, another member who argues as dishonestly as you.
That's exactly who he reminds me of as well. Yes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
04-12-2014, 03:12 PM
(04-12-2014 03:03 PM)Free Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 03:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  The framing of the arguments is dishonest, but I'm not the least surprised that you don't see that.

Would you care to point out HOW the framing of those arguments is dishonest?

Let's see it.

Big Grin

I said nothing about aliens. It is this lack of intellectual honesty that I am speaking about.
You start right off denying this has anything to do with your UFO argument, then proceed to show that it does.

The questions are exceptionally simple.

Q 1: Did 12 persons, experienced with aircraft, see an aircraft they could not identify?
You have not shown that they were experienced observers or that what they saw was an aircraft. You have embedded the assumption that it was an aircraft in the question.

Q 2: Did 3 persons, experienced with marine life, see a fish they could not identify?
Who knows? It may or may not have been a fish. You have embedded the assumption that it was a fish in the question.

In both cases, all witnesses could describe what they see, and all witness in each situation described it virtually identical.

So the question of, "How is the claim of 12 persons- experienced with aircraft- and who claim to have seen an aircraft they couldn't identify any less credible than the 3 persons who are experienced with marine biology and who claim to have seen a fish they couldn't identify?
You continue to ignore that the claims are not equivalent and require different levels of evidence.

How is the 3 who seen a fish they couldn't identify any more credible than the 12 who claimed to see an aircraft they couldn't identify?

That is all the info you have to work with.
No, you don't get to set the rules and expect people to just go along. This is the dishonest ploy of theists and other crackpots.

Now please answer to those questions only, without adding a single stitch of any other speculation or evidence.
No, you don't get to set the rules and expect people to just go along. This is the dishonest ploy of theists and other crackpots.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
04-12-2014, 03:14 PM
(04-12-2014 03:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 03:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  You'd get along well with Heywood Jahblome, another member who argues as dishonestly as you.

Well now, let's see if YOU have the intellectual dishonesty to point out HOW the framing of my questions is in any way dishonest.

Give it a go!

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
04-12-2014, 03:22 PM
(04-12-2014 03:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Sock puppet?

04-12-2014, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 03:34 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(04-12-2014 02:43 PM)Free Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 02:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have clearly drawn the parallel with your UFO claim, so don't you dare deny that and then talk about intellectual honesty.

Or the short version:
Fuck you, you disingenuous twit.

Okay, so you don't want to answer to the questions I posed to you.

I understand.

Fuck you, you intellectually dishonest asshole.

Tongue

Oh you mean like the dozen or so questions and criticisms dropped on you that you avoided till you left the thread?

This fuckin' guy.

So when you said:
(01-12-2014 08:10 PM)Free Wrote:  Okay, I will let you have the last word.

I'm bored with this. Thanks to everyone for your contributions.

Thumbsup

What you actually meant to say was:
"I'm tired of having my ass kicked, my assertions challenged, my shitty analogies exposed, and it hurts my feelings when people tear down the strawmen I worked so hard to build that I'm gonna bail on this thread like a coward without addressing one motherfucking criticism, while answering no questions asked of me, and without defending a single one of my bald faced assertions all while giving a bullshit excuse THEN I'm gonna start a new thread free of all my responsibilities and that pesky burden of proof and I'm gonna try and argue the same point, but I'm gonna pretend I'm actually not, however I'm gonna do it in an indirect, dishonest, and deliberately misleading way by tricking people into admitting I'm "correct" about the last thread using nothing more than an other shitty comparison to two wildly different situations with wildly different claims that only work if I ignore all other factors and evidence in a wildly flagrant display of confirmation bias because I'm that kinda ignorant cocksucker. I'm also gonna continue to use Occam's Razor incorrectly, despite having it's correct usage explained to me in very small words, and only apply it to what I want to apply it to because fuck having an actual debate based in evidence and a consistent application of logic, I wanna convince myself I'm right and that an entire community of rational, skeptical, objective, evidence based thinkers is wrong and that my emotional investment in my obsession is justified! Who cares if I can't get so much as a single like for my personal brand of crazy, everyone else is wrong and I'm right goddammit!"

I can see why you went with the short form lil' bitch escape. Drinking Beverage

If you got time to act like a fucking douchbag in this thread you got time to jump in the UFO thread and actually defend your dumb cunt obsession. I can't fucking believe I was considering up reping you for not holding a grudge over me kicking your tinfoil wearing ass all over your own thread. I'm glad I didn't because you continued on the conversation you just shed all inconvenient arguments you couldn't address like a slimy, dishonest motherfucker.

Finding the female version of a fish we already knew existed and have already examined in the exact fucking place we would expect to find them is in no way a claim with a similar burden of proof as "12 dudes saw a thing and they don't know what it is so it's probably from another star system, oh and it's got aliens in it, oh and it can violate the laws of physics, oh and no one has any actual physical evidence it existed at all, oh and no one took a picture despite there being a healthy community of Airplane spotters there with cameras, oh and there is no agreement on its size or it's shape, oh and I also happen to believe that aliens do this kinda stuff BEFORE I investigated it."

You still don't except that different claims require different amounts of evidence and that's just too fucking bad you nutter because the rest of us do recognize this. Stop making shitty comparisons and analogies that only work in your whack-a-do brain. Stop your make believe, dishonest, and cowardly evasive bullshit. Then stop fucking using Occam's Razor wrong, either learn how to use it correctly or shut ignorance hole and go talk about something other then your personal obsessions. No one here agrees with your presuppositions, your shitty fucking methods, and your delusional conclusions you tin foil hat wearing InfoWars motherfucker. If you wanted to continue preaching your personal Gospel you should have stayed in the UFO thread and actually defended it instead of running away from the criticism like a lil' theist bitch.
[Image: Paul-Alien-sketch-1.jpg]

TL: DR
Take your meds and stop being a dumb cunt you dumb cunt.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 8 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
04-12-2014, 03:38 PM
(04-12-2014 03:31 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 02:43 PM)Free Wrote:  Okay, so you don't want to answer to the questions I posed to you.

I understand.

Fuck you, you intellectually dishonest asshole.

Tongue

Oh you mean like the dozen or so questions and criticisms dropped on you that you avoided till you left the thread?

This fuckin' guy.

So when you said:
(01-12-2014 08:10 PM)Free Wrote:  Okay, I will let you have the last word.

I'm bored with this. Thanks to everyone for your contributions.

Thumbsup

What you actually meant to say was:
"I'm tired of having my ass kicked, my assertions challenged, my shitty analogies exposed, and it hurts my feelings when people tear down the strawmen I worked so hard to build that I'm gonna bail on this thread like a coward without addressing one motherfucking criticism, while answering no questions asked of me, and without defending a single one of my bald faced assertions all while giving a bullshit excuse THEN I'm gonna start a new thread free of all my responsibilities and that pesky burden of proof and I'm gonna try and argue the same point, but I'm gonna pretend I'm actually not, however I'm gonna do it in an indirect, dishonest, and deliberately misleading way by tricking people into admitting I'm "correct" about the last thread using nothing more than an other shitty comparison to two wildly different situations with wildly different claims that only work if I ignore all other factors and evidence in a wildly flagrant display of confirmation bias because I'm that kinda ignorant cocksucker. I'm also gonna continue to use Occam's Razor incorrectly, despite having it's correct usage explained to me in very small words, and only apply it to what I want to apply it to because fuck having an actual debate based in evidence and a consistent application of logic, I wanna convince myself I'm right and that an entire community of rational, skeptical, objective, evidence based thinkers is wrong and that my emotional investment in my obsession is justified! Who cares if I can't get so much as a single like for my personal brand of crazy, everyone else is wrong and I'm right goddammit!"

I can see why you went with the short form lil' bitch escape. Drinking Beverage

If you got time to act like a fucking douchbag in this thread you got time to jump in the UFO thread and actually defend your dumb cunt obsession. I can't fucking believe I was considering up reping you for not holding a grudge over me kicking your tinfoil wearing ass all over your own thread. I'm glad I didn't because you continued on the conversation you just shed all inconvenient arguments you couldn't address like a slimy, dishonest motherfucker.

Finding the female version of a fish we already knew existed and have already examined in the exact fucking place we would expect to find them is in no way a claim with a similar burden of proof as "12 dudes saw a thing and they don't know what it is so it's probably from another star system, oh and it's got aliens in it, oh and it can violate the laws of physics, oh and no one has any actual physical evidence it existed at all, oh and no one took a picture despite there being a healthy community of Airplane spotters there with cameras, oh and there is no agreement on its size or it's shape, oh and I also happen to believe that aliens do this kinda stuff BEFORE I investigated it."

You still don't except that different claims require different amounts of evidence and that's just too fucking bad you nutter because the rest of us do recognize this. Stop making shitty comparisons and analogies that only work in your whack-a-do brain. Stop your make believe, dishonest, and cowardly evasive bullshit. Then stop fucking using Occam's Razor wrong, either learn how to use it correctly or shut ignorance hole and go talk about something other then your personal obsessions. No one here agrees with your presuppositions, your shitty fucking methods, and your delusional conclusions you tin foil hat wearing InfoWars motherfucker. If you wanted to continue preaching your personal Gospel you should have stayed in the UFO thread and actually defended it instead of running away from the criticism like a lil' theist bitch.
[Image: Paul-Alien-sketch-1.jpg]

TL: DR
Take your meds and stop being a dumb cunt you dumb cunt.

Dude, I’m ROTFFL !

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
04-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Okay so it has been conclusively determined that all of you are refusing to employ any degree of intellectual honesty here, and instead prefer to jump on the "Let's troll Free" bandwagon instead of honestly answering any questions.

That's okay.

I quite understand that there is indeed an "inner circle" on this forum of long standing friends who will support one another regardless if they are right or wrong. This has been long known to me. It is this kind of thing that forced me to leave other atheist forums in the past and withdraw all support as well.

And that's okay also. Obviously many of you do not wish my presence here. I can live with that.

It's been good. I salute some of people here such as Stark_Raving, Bucky Ball, and many others for their intellectually stimulating conversations and wish them, and yes even the rest of you, the best of luck.

Free now signing off.

Bowing

04-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Double Post.