That Damn Bigfoot Thing

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
03-12-2014, 06:41 PM
RE: That Damn Bigfoot Thing
(03-12-2014 06:36 PM)Free Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 06:27 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Do you know what the term "presuppositional" means, Free?

Of course. But what point are you making?

I wouldn't recommend presupposing eyewitnesses are reliable absent external confirmation. Although I guess you're free to.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
03-12-2014, 06:46 PM
(03-12-2014 06:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 06:36 PM)Free Wrote:  Of course. But what point are you making?

I wouldn't recommend presupposing eyewitnesses are reliable absent external confirmation. Although I guess you're free to.

[Image: what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
03-12-2014, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 06:54 PM by Free.)
(03-12-2014 06:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 06:36 PM)Free Wrote:  Of course. But what point are you making?

Certainly eyewitnesses are limited as far as what actual evidence they bring to the table, but if there are numerous eyewitnesses experienced with a specific thing, and all agree on what they seen, then their report should rightfully be given a far higher degree of credulity than any other witnesses.

For example, if 12 witnesses experienced with primates got a good look at a BigFoot, all it would amount to is that they would claim they discovered a new species of primate.

Quite unremarkable imo. Since new species of animals are discovered from time to time, and only with 2 or 3 witnesses, and it is accepted as a new species, not often do we see a report of fraud come up. Not that it doesn't happen.

Why? Because there is nothing remarkable about 2 or 3 people finding a new species of animal.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
03-12-2014, 07:25 PM
(03-12-2014 06:25 PM)Free Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 06:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  "Expert" eyewitnesses. Who "know" that what they say wasn't any of the native animals.

No, it's just total coincidence that there's no external corroborating evidence.

So what you are saying is that we would need say ... 12 simultaneous eyewitness of one supposed BigFoot, and who all had extensive experience with identifying primates of numerous varieties?

If that would constitute a credible report, then I agree.

Big Grin

Depends entirely on the nature of the claim they are making.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
03-12-2014, 07:28 PM
(03-12-2014 07:25 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 06:25 PM)Free Wrote:  So what you are saying is that we would need say ... 12 simultaneous eyewitness of one supposed BigFoot, and who all had extensive experience with identifying primates of numerous varieties?

If that would constitute a credible report, then I agree.

Big Grin

Depends entirely on the nature of the claim they are making.

"Hey world! We have observed a newly discovered primate!"

Tongue

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
03-12-2014, 07:33 PM
I don't buy it for one hot second. Those Bigfoot hunting shows usually make me facepalm and eyeroll too hard to have a chance to laugh at them.

And damn you Jane Goodall Angry we don't need you egging them on!!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ja...-1.1172959

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
03-12-2014, 07:52 PM
(03-12-2014 07:33 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I don't buy it for one hot second. Those Bigfoot hunting shows usually make me facepalm and eyeroll too hard to have a chance to laugh at them.

And damn you Jane Goodall Angry we don't need you egging them on!!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ja...-1.1172959

Although my wife and daughter are amazed at all the UFO activity that surrounds our lives, their main interest is BigFoot. They are both true believers that such an animal is most likely to exist. My wife researches it a lot.

Personally I think such an existence is possible, but the problem I have is finding a number of credible witnesses to a single sighting. I have no doubts that most- if not all- videos of the thing are hoaxed.

03-12-2014, 08:33 PM
You'd think a body would turn up by now since they're freaking everywhere.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 7 users Like grizzlysnake's post
03-12-2014, 08:48 PM
(03-12-2014 08:33 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You'd think a body would turn up by now since they're freaking everywhere.

Don't you know? They burn their dead. How do you think all those Forrest fires start, HMMMM???? Oh no, smokey the bear is in on it Hobo

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
03-12-2014, 08:56 PM
(03-12-2014 08:33 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You'd think a body would turn up by now since they're freaking everywhere.

Footers believe that they bury the dead in a fashion similar to the clip below. Their evidence? Turned over trees in the forest. Are there any skeletal remains under such trees? No. It's just Footers moving the goal post back when they can't provide physical evidence for their beliefs. I've said it time and time again, they remind me greatly of creationists.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post