That Damn Bigfoot Thing

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
03-12-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: That Damn Bigfoot Thing
(03-12-2014 06:50 PM)Free Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 06:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I wouldn't recommend presupposing eyewitnesses are reliable absent external confirmation. Although I guess you're free to.

Certainly eyewitnesses are limited as far as what actual evidence they bring to the table, but if there are numerous eyewitnesses experienced with a specific thing, and all agree on what they seen, then their report should rightfully be given a far higher degree of credulity than any other witnesses.

For example, if 12 witnesses experienced with primates got a good look at a BigFoot, all it would amount to is that they would claim they discovered a new species of primate.

Quite unremarkable imo. Since new species of animals are discovered from time to time, and only with 2 or 3 witnesses, and it is accepted as a new species, not often do we see a report of fraud come up. Not that it doesn't happen.

Why? Because there is nothing remarkable about 2 or 3 people finding a new species of animal.

New species of animals are found all the time. Do you know how they know they are new species? This is gonna blow your mind...
they collect and bring back to study it! Freaking amazing I tell you. These biologists, always want a sample, its like they don’t believe in, er...non-samples! Yeah, that’s it.

Perfect example the Ceolecanth. http://vertebrates.si.edu/fishes/coelaca...wider.html
Not until a fisherman brought one up in 1938 from over 500 feet did biologist know that it didn’t go extinct 80mya. What does this have in common with Bigfoot? Nothing since we know Ceolecanths exist. Cool

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
03-12-2014, 09:12 PM
(03-12-2014 08:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 06:50 PM)Free Wrote:  Certainly eyewitnesses are limited as far as what actual evidence they bring to the table, but if there are numerous eyewitnesses experienced with a specific thing, and all agree on what they seen, then their report should rightfully be given a far higher degree of credulity than any other witnesses.

For example, if 12 witnesses experienced with primates got a good look at a BigFoot, all it would amount to is that they would claim they discovered a new species of primate.

Quite unremarkable imo. Since new species of animals are discovered from time to time, and only with 2 or 3 witnesses, and it is accepted as a new species, not often do we see a report of fraud come up. Not that it doesn't happen.

Why? Because there is nothing remarkable about 2 or 3 people finding a new species of animal.

New species of animals are found all the time. Do you know how they know they are new species? This is gonna blow your mind...
they collect and bring back to study it! Freaking amazing I tell you. These biologists, always want a sample, its like they don’t believe in, er...non-samples! Yeah, that’s it.

Perfect example the Ceolecanth. http://vertebrates.si.edu/fishes/coelaca...wider.html
Not until a fisherman brought one up in 1938 from over 500 feet did biologist know that it didn’t go extinct 80mya. What does this have in common with Bigfoot? Nothing since we know Ceolecanths exist. Cool

No no heavens no!

Quote:The Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute captured what it says are the first images and video of a female anglerfish, known as a Black Seadevil.

Black Seadevil

So what do you think? A hoax? Tongue

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
03-12-2014, 09:15 PM
(03-12-2014 08:48 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 08:33 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You'd think a body would turn up by now since they're freaking everywhere.

Don't you know? They burn their dead. How do you think all those Forrest fires start, HMMMM???? Oh no, smokey the bear is in on it Hobo

What if Smokey IS a bigfoot? A humanoid Bear? How else would he survive but by hiding in plain sight.

I recently heard an amusing story of a man who keeps telling legends of how he was face to face with Bigfoot but his dog stopped him from getting off the shot... even after he learned it was just a friend of his in a suit, he will happily retell it as if it was a real bigfoot. Legends are desired more than anything else by some.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
03-12-2014, 09:22 PM
(03-12-2014 09:12 PM)Free Wrote:  
Quote:The Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute captured what it says are the first images and video of a female anglerfish, known as a Black Seadevil.

Black Seadevil

Its the first one seen alive, they have collected them before in deep water trawls.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-12-2014, 09:34 PM
(03-12-2014 09:15 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 08:48 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Don't you know? They burn their dead. How do you think all those Forrest fires start, HMMMM???? Oh no, smokey the bear is in on it Hobo

What if Smokey IS a bigfoot? A humanoid Bear? How else would he survive but by hiding in plain sight.

I recently heard an amusing story of a man who keeps telling legends of how he was face to face with Bigfoot but his dog stopped him from getting off the shot... even after he learned it was just a friend of his in a suit, he will happily retell it as if it was a real bigfoot. Legends are desired more than anything else by some.

GaspGaspGaspGaspGasp

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
03-12-2014, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 09:52 PM by Free.)
(03-12-2014 09:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 09:12 PM)Free Wrote:  Black Seadevil

Its the first one seen alive, they have collected them before in deep water trawls.

Actually it's the 1st female they have seen.

Edit: I wonder what the hell this actually is?

Chupacabra

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
03-12-2014, 10:41 PM
(03-12-2014 07:28 PM)Free Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 07:25 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Depends entirely on the nature of the claim they are making.

"Hey world! We have observed a newly discovered primate!"

Tongue

"Hey that's awesome guys! You got a specimen or sample for study?"

'Not at all! But we tots all saw it, pinky swear scouts honor!"

REJECTED FOR PUBLICATION

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
03-12-2014, 10:53 PM
(03-12-2014 09:35 PM)Free Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 09:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Its the first one seen alive, they have collected them before in deep water trawls.

Chupacabra

Raccoon with mange?

03-12-2014, 11:03 PM
I think it's only a matter of time before The History Channel puts on a show about how Ancient Aliens deposited Bigfoots ghost here on Earth millions of years ago in what is now South America.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
03-12-2014, 11:08 PM
(03-12-2014 09:35 PM)Free Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 09:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Its the first one seen alive, they have collected them before in deep water trawls.

Chupacabra

Chupacabra look like this: Front. Back

(Image not imbeded because alien nipples and snatch.)

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.