That Damn Bigfoot Thing

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
04-12-2014, 12:04 PM
RE: That Damn Bigfoot Thing
(04-12-2014 12:02 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 11:57 AM)Free Wrote:  If you are referring to the UFO thread, what is so unusual about 12 people- experienced with aircraft- seeing an aircraft they could not identify?

How is that less credible than 3 persons seeing a fish they could not identify?
Because claiming to see a new type of fish is not the same thing as claiming to see an alien spacecraft from another planet.

I'm not saying it was alien.

All I'm saying is that 12 people- highly experienced with aircraft- seen an aircraft they could not identify.

What is so incredible about that?

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 12:05 PM
If that is all they are claiming, nothing.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
04-12-2014, 12:05 PM
(04-12-2014 12:05 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  If that is all they are claiming, nothing.

Thank you. You are a reasonable and honest man!

Bowing

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
04-12-2014, 12:10 PM
But, if they start saying things like... "It moved in ways using physics that are not possible by modern Earth standards."... then that's a different story.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
04-12-2014, 12:11 PM
(04-12-2014 12:10 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  But, if they start saying things like... "It moved in ways using physics that are not possible by modern Earth standards."... then that's a different story.

All I am trying to establish here is whether or not 12 people seen an aircraft they could not identify, and whether or not 3 marine biologists seen some fish they could not identify.

The most reasonable answer in both cases is ... yes they did.

04-12-2014, 12:19 PM
(04-12-2014 12:11 PM)Free Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 12:10 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  But, if they start saying things like... "It moved in ways using physics that are not possible by modern Earth standards."... then that's a different story.

All I am trying to establish here is whether or not 12 people seen an aircraft they could not identify, and whether or not 3 marine biologists seen some fish they could not identify.

To claim the former saw an aircraft is not substantiated. Thank you for conflating the two just as I predicted...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
04-12-2014, 12:25 PM
(04-12-2014 12:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 12:11 PM)Free Wrote:  All I am trying to establish here is whether or not 12 people seen an aircraft they could not identify, and whether or not 3 marine biologists seen some fish they could not identify.

To claim the former saw an aircraft is not substantiated. Thank you for conflating the two just as I predicted...

Then neither is claiming that anybody seen any fish. Pictures are fake. The marine biologists are not credible ... yadda yadda yadda.

04-12-2014, 12:26 PM
(04-12-2014 12:11 PM)Free Wrote:  

But the fish didn't vanish in a puff of bubbles violating the physical rules of hydrodynamics in the process of being observed never to be seen again.

LostLocke's observation is very valid here.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-12-2014, 12:31 PM
(04-12-2014 12:26 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 12:11 PM)Free Wrote:  All I am trying to establish here is whether or not 12 people seen an aircraft they could not identify, and whether or not 3 marine biologists seen some fish they could not identify.

But the fish didn't vanish in a puff of bubbles violating the physical rules of hydrodynamics in the process of being observed never to be seen again.

LostLocke's observation is very valid here.

You are overextending the point.

Using identical criteria, pick an option:

Six twelve persons- experienced with aquatic life aircraft- claim to have seen a fish aircraft they could not identify. Therefore ...

1. They seen a fish aircraft they could not identify.

2. They did not see any fish aircraft.

Pick one.

04-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Expanding on my previous post.

If your 12 eyewitnesses had said they saw an unidentified craft complying with all physical constraints known to be true then pfft, no one would be arguing with you. So big deal if me and 11 buddies saw something in the sky leaving a contrail but could not ID? Hardly news worthy.

Saying that whatever we saw moved in ways that violated the rules of physics then yeah, everyone would like solid substantiated evidence besides "did you see that?".

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post