That Damn UFO Thing

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
24-11-2014, 07:17 PM
That Damn UFO Thing
It was mid to late May, 1973, and I was but a kid living in a very small village on a small island in Atlantic Canada. We had one television channel, CBC, and my uncle, brother and I were watching a hockey game on TV, since it was the NHL playoffs.

The 1st period of the game had just ended, and the TV suddenly went all "snowy." I was sitting beside a window, and I noticed that the ground outside seemed to be glowing an orange color. Then, I looked up ...

"Holy shit!" I said, and that was the 1st time I had ever used a swear word in front of my uncle. My uncle and brother both ran over to the window and looked up. I was so excited I ran outside, and there it was, big as hell.

This thing was at least 100 feet in diameter and was about 50 - 70 feet above the house, and also covered part of the neighbors' house. Being directly underneath it, I could see an outer metallic ring, while the inner part resembled something like liquid fire.

It made no sound. It just hung there for what seemed like about 30 seconds before it slowly started to float up the road. My uncle and brother were scared shitless and kept telling me to get back into the house, but I was so fascinated by this thing that I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

As it floated up the road, I could see that it had the common disc shape/flying saucer design often reported in the UFO community. Then, as it crossed the street at the end of our road (T intersection), it shot straight up so fast it blew a hole in the scattered clouds. Literally, it went from earth to orbit in about 1 second.

When it had disappeared, I noticed that the neighbors had also come outside to see it. In all, there were 6 of us who witnessed this thing.

Before that, I had never even heard the term "UFO" or "flying saucer." That kind of thing simply did not exist in the world I lived in, in a back water town that still had some homes with outhouses.

What was it? Did mankind have anything back in 1973 that could do what that thing did?

I cannot say for sure, but based upon what we know about our technology back in 1973 I would have to say that I am leaning towards that thing being extraterrestrial in nature.

And I have seen many more since. In fact, I see them frequently and I don't know why. Some close up, others at a distance. Some could be earthly, but a few ... well ... no god damn way.

Strange, but true.

Consider

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
24-11-2014, 07:51 PM
RE: That Damn UFO Thing
Weather balloon.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
24-11-2014, 08:00 PM
(24-11-2014 07:51 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Weather balloon.

Maybe it was my Dad?

Gasp

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
24-11-2014, 08:19 PM
(24-11-2014 08:00 PM)Free Wrote:  

Maybe it was my Dad?

Gasp

You were touched by his noodly appendage.
Wow.
I'm jealous.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-11-2014, 08:22 PM

"They said it was a weather balloon

but I know the truth."

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
24-11-2014, 08:45 PM
it was the great pumpkin!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
24-11-2014, 08:48 PM
(24-11-2014 07:17 PM)Free Wrote:  It was mid to late May, 1973, and I was but a kid living in a very small village on a small island in Atlantic Canada. We had one television channel, CBC, and my uncle, brother and I were watching a hockey game on TV, since it was the NHL playoffs.

The 1st period of the game had just ended, and the TV suddenly went all "snowy." I was sitting beside a window, and I noticed that the ground outside seemed to be glowing an orange color. Then, I looked up ...

"Holy shit!" I said, and that was the 1st time I had ever used a swear word in front of my uncle. My uncle and brother both ran over to the window and looked up. I was so excited I ran outside, and there it was, big as hell.

This thing was at least 100 feet in diameter and was about 50 - 70 feet above the house, and also covered part of the neighbors' house. Being directly underneath it, I could see an outer metallic ring, while the inner part resembled something like liquid fire.

It made no sound. It just hung there for what seemed like about 30 seconds before it slowly started to float up the road. My uncle and brother were scared shitless and kept telling me to get back into the house, but I was so fascinated by this thing that I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

As it floated up the road, I could see that it had the common disc shape/flying saucer design often reported in the UFO community. Then, as it crossed the street at the end of our road (T intersection), it shot straight up so fast it blew a hole in the scattered clouds. Literally, it went from earth to orbit in about 1 second.

When it had disappeared, I noticed that the neighbors had also come outside to see it. In all, there were 6 of us who witnessed this thing.

Before that, I had never even heard the term "UFO" or "flying saucer." That kind of thing simply did not exist in the world I lived in, in a back water town that still had some homes with outhouses.

What was it? Did mankind have anything back in 1973 that could do what that thing did?

I cannot say for sure, but based upon what we know about our technology back in 1973 I would have to say that I am leaning towards that thing being extraterrestrial in nature.

And I have seen many more since. In fact, I see them frequently and I don't know why. Some close up, others at a distance. Some could be earthly, but a few ... well ... no god damn way.

Strange, but true.

Consider

Isnt that what happened to Mulder in the x-files when his sister got abducted? Tongue
24-11-2014, 09:00 PM
That explains your avatar.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2014, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 09:31 PM by Free.)
(24-11-2014 09:00 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  That explains your avatar.

It's true.

I admit I am a major UFO buff ever since that incident happened to me. I am also a member of MUFON.

But because of my interest, and my more than 30 years of investigating the UFO situation, I think I am also a very well balanced skeptic due to the many fake reports.

So here I am, a CEO of a tech company, a person who is as close to being a historian as any can be without actually being fully accredited, and who also so happens to investigate the UFO phenomenon.

Maybe I need to get a life? Consider

By the way, I drive my wife nuts with this UFO stuff because it scares her. She's seen a few things ... and she wishes she hadn't.

[+] 2 users Like Free's post
24-11-2014, 09:43 PM
(24-11-2014 09:27 PM)Free Wrote:  [quote='WillHopp' pid='690780' dateline='1416884404']
I am also a member of MUFON.

All things become clear.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post