That Damn UFO Thing

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
24-11-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: That Damn UFO Thing
(24-11-2014 09:43 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 09:27 PM)Free Wrote:  [quote='WillHopp' pid='690780' dateline='1416884404']
I am also a member of MUFON.

All things become clear.

I get that. Not really much happening with them lately. It has basically turned into a money-grab organization now. Too bad. Undecided

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? I am an atheist because it is the natural state of being we are all born into.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2014, 06:58 AM
(24-11-2014 09:27 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 09:00 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  That explains your avatar.

It's true.

I admit I am a major UFO buff ever since that incident happened to me. I am also a member of MUFON.

But because of my interest, and my more than 30 years of investigating the UFO situation, I think I am also a very well balanced skeptic due to the many fake reports.

So here I am, a CEO of a tech company, a person who is as close to being a historian as any can be without actually being fully accredited, and who also so happens to investigate the UFO phenomenon.

Maybe I need to get a life? Consider

By the way, I drive my wife nuts with this UFO stuff because it scares her. She's seen a few things ... and she wishes she hadn't.

Stories aren't worth a bucket of warm piss. Let's see evidence. Got some?
[+] 4 users Like Rik's post
25-11-2014, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 08:55 AM by Free.)
(25-11-2014 06:58 AM)Rik Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 09:27 PM)Free Wrote:  It's true.

I admit I am a major UFO buff ever since that incident happened to me. I am also a member of MUFON.

But because of my interest, and my more than 30 years of investigating the UFO situation, I think I am also a very well balanced skeptic due to the many fake reports.

So here I am, a CEO of a tech company, a person who is as close to being a historian as any can be without actually being fully accredited, and who also so happens to investigate the UFO phenomenon.

Maybe I need to get a life? Consider

By the way, I drive my wife nuts with this UFO stuff because it scares her. She's seen a few things ... and she wishes she hadn't.

Stories aren't worth a bucket of warm piss. Let's see evidence. Got some?

From a back water town in 1973? LOL

Nope, none. And there would be no point. Pictures or videos in the modern age get discredited even if they are real.

It doesn't matter if anyone believes me. That is not important to me. Smile

What is important to me is that at least I was not alone at the time. All the witnesses agreed on what it was we seen. 3 of those witnesses have since passed away.

I will never forget what the old man who lived next door said immediately after the thing disappeared.

"I don't think they're from anywhere around here," he chuckled.

My uncle would never speak of it again, and would hush me and my brother up if we said anything.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? I am an atheist because it is the natural state of being we are all born into.
25-11-2014, 12:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/user/HawkkeyDavisChannel

Is a good channel with lots of good ufo compilations, including news reports about them.

I think Humans fly most, if not all of them.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
25-11-2014, 01:53 PM
(25-11-2014 12:50 PM)bemore Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/user/HawkkeyDavisChannel

Is a good channel with lots of good ufo compilations, including news reports about them.

I think Humans fly most, if not all of them.

Thanks for the channel.

The problem I have with it being humans flying those things is back in 1973 is we were still landing on the moon in a rickety space craft.

We simply did not have the technology in 1973 to do what that craft I saw could do. If we did, we would have had no use for the Apollo spacecraft or even the Space Shuttles.

25-11-2014, 03:00 PM
I saw a craft as a kid, it exhibited extreme speed, I clearly saw the classic saucer shape of it, it even had a periscope that it lowered as I watched. It seemed to have disappeared as it saw me through the periscope, though upon further reflection I think it just moved extremely fast making it seem to disappear.

The frustrating thing is that I saw something remarkable, but I have no proof. I can consider the possibilities, but I can never know for certain what it was. Even asserting it was alien would be speculating too much. It could have been some sort of manifestation of a young kid's imagination. Sure seemed clear though.....

All I can do is hang a big question mark upon the whole experience, I'm sure there are some very strange things out there. I will never have a satisfying answer to what it was.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
25-11-2014, 03:12 PM
I once looked out the window of a passenger jet liner and saw well below me what appeared to be a highly reflective metallic tube without wings. Of all the possible things it could have been I’d have to go with another airplane that caught the sun’s rays at such an angle that it appeared to me not to have wings. I’ll always go with the more plausible explanation.

I’m not saying you didn’t see what you say you saw, I’m just saying it might not have been what you think it was. Blink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-11-2014, 04:41 PM
(25-11-2014 03:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I once looked out the window of a passenger jet liner and saw well below me what appeared to be a highly reflective metallic tube without wings. Of all the possible things it could have been I’d have to go with another airplane that caught the sun’s rays at such an angle that it appeared to me not to have wings. I’ll always go with the more plausible explanation.

I’m not saying you didn’t see what you say you saw, I’m just saying it might not have been what you think it was. Blink

Problem is, 6 of us all seen it, and all 6 of us all seen it go from earth to orbit in 1 second.

This thing was so close to us that you could feel static in the air. We all seen it from underneath it, and we all seen it as it floated up the lane. We all seen the typical saucer shape.

Sure, it is possible that it wasn't extraterrestrial, but when i look back on it now with the understanding that there was simply nothing mankind had that could possibly do what that thing did in 1973 ... what other options are there?

25-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Lots of people in the bible saw the dead rise too. Hmmm.

When I was a kid, I was at a cottage on the beach and it was a warm summer night and a plane flew overhead. I couldn't hear the engines, but it had lights all along the perimeter of the wings, and the lights were sychronized so that they went around in a circle-like pattern, giving the illusion the lights were going around in a circle or saucer shape if you will. Freaked me out, but I figured out what it was.

I hope what you saw was an alien. I've never seen one or had an encounter, but I have more reason to believe aliens exist more than a deity.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2014, 06:11 PM
(25-11-2014 04:58 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Lots of people in the bible saw the dead rise too. Hmmm.

When I was a kid, I was at a cottage on the beach and it was a warm summer night and a plane flew overhead. I couldn't hear the engines, but it had lights all along the perimeter of the wings, and the lights were sychronized so that they went around in a circle-like pattern, giving the illusion the lights were going around in a circle or saucer shape if you will. Freaked me out, but I figured out what it was.

I hope what you saw was an alien. I've never seen one or had an encounter, but I have more reason to believe aliens exist more than a deity.

I was reading the other day that a large number of scientists no longer use a probability scale in regards to the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life, but rather they consider the matter to be an almost certainty.

If the universe is an infinite and eternal existence- which I believe it is as opposed to being created by the Big Bang- then it is mathematically impossible for intelligent extraterrestrial life to not exist.

I have very good reasons to suspect that extraterrestrials have always been here, or have always visited this planet. There's just too many eye witness accounts in which multiple people have described the exact same thing. Too many pictures from 50 years ago or more.

When you have tens of thousands of reports and pictures, I find it mathematically improbable that ALL are wrong or fake.