That Darn God - 7 Shot Dead at Sikh Temple

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2012, 09:25 AM
RE: That Darn God - 7 Shot Dead at Sikh Temple
(06-08-2012 05:31 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Jeff, please stop it.

Matt,

I don't want to upset my fellow atheists. Those are just unfortunate team kills (TKs) to use a gaming term. I'll give some thought to your request, but I'm also thinking about the fact that there are very, very, very very few places where the point I'm making can be made, and to start censoring it here offends me slightly.

Please answer this question though - which is more perverse?:

A) Believing in a god that planned this shooting to happen, then praising and worshiping that god

B) Believing in a god that is omniscient, and knew this shooting would happen, and had the power to stop it, but refused to take that action, then praising and worshiping that god

C) An atheist using parody to mock these beliefs in an atheist forum by thanking god for what believers believe he either planned or knew about but did not stop.

Please put those in perversity order for me, from most perverse to least perverse. If C is not first, would you please make a post to believers to stop their perverse beliefs? Please tell them that they should be ashamed and question how their belief system could be so out of whack.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2012, 09:31 AM
(06-08-2012 06:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  I half agree with you, Matt. Using this here, preaching to the choir, is unseemly.

This is making me question an assumption of mine. Aren't there a fair number of believers in this forum? I'm not trying to "preach" to atheists, I wouldn't be bothering if I felt that the community was more than 75% atheists. Maybe I've got that wrong.

Is there a forum of believers somewhere where I could make the same posts? I'm interested in confronting as many believers as possible.
06-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Hey, Jeff.

You do whatever you think is right. Like I said, I'm not going to belabour this point or get into an argument about it. I've made my plea. It will affect you however it affects you.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
06-08-2012, 09:51 AM
(06-08-2012 09:31 AM)Jeff Wrote:  Is there a forum of believers somewhere where I could make the same posts? I'm interested in confronting as many believers as possible.
If you wish to be banned immediatly, I've got a couple of them for you. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
06-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I guess I don't see the point in making a parody of something that wasn't said. Though in speaking with several members of law enforcement, I've been told the most hated bittersweet ordeal they have ever been through is being promoted after having their face on tv and dealing with a big/tragic case.

On the other hand, feel free to rip anyone who does say things like you mentioned. But I just don't see the point in making fun of what could have been said. Whenever a tragedy strikes there is always a religious nutbag that tries to put things in their perspective, so there isn't really a need to start your own fire. But do what you will, just my piece. Since you have used the temple shooting in WI, (graudated HS from Stoughton btw), then try this jerk out, he actually said this. http://imgur.com/r/atheism/VmLy3

P.S. Sorry, at work on lunch so i can't upload photos or link sites correctly.

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.
[+] 1 user Likes AmishLatinJew's post
06-08-2012, 11:01 AM
We make fun of the belief most of the time because we see how ridiculous it is. It's usually just a silly way of thinking and using a book written by bronze aged goat herders as a basis for living.
We poke fun at the ideas these people have, at how much money they give away and how gullible they are.

It's only when they commit hate crimes do we tend to back up and realize the true danger of what someone can do when fueled by religion.
Jeff is pointing out the uncomfortable reality, in much the same way a deer hunter guts a deer and shows you where the meat comes from.

I am saddened by the death of people that were killed without reason
Jeff, we do understand the perverse nature of what christians believe. It's part of the reason why we are atheists.

At the same time, people have died and I think we should take some time to also realize what that means.
Their life has been ended. They won't have the chance to see today, to hold their children, to take a breath and hear the sweet sound of music.
Everything that we take for granted each day has ended for them.

Let's not be so blinded and insensitive as to forget that.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
06-08-2012, 11:41 AM
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/pa...g-atheists

and there it is...
06-08-2012, 02:06 PM
(06-08-2012 10:17 AM)AmishLatinJew Wrote:  I guess I don't see the point in making a parody of something that wasn't said.

I guess you've never seen Mad magazine or Saturday Night Live?
06-08-2012, 02:07 PM
(06-08-2012 09:48 AM)Ghost Wrote:  You do whatever you think is right. Like I said, I'm not going to belabour this point or get into an argument about it. I've made my plea. It will affect you however it affects you.

OK, go take a hot bath, I'll handle it from here
[+] 2 users Like Jeff's post
06-08-2012, 06:31 PM
(06-08-2012 11:41 AM)ibanezerscrooge Wrote:  http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/pa...g-atheists

and there it is...

Less IQ than a glass of water....Angry

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post