That Is One FAT Jew

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: That Is One FAT Jew
(07-02-2013 07:28 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  So everyone criticises holocaust threads, then post in them more than almost any other.

This has the effect that they spend far longer than most on the 'New Posts' page meaning people are more likely to see them. They also draw eyes more when a section is opened because of the amount of pages of replies. There's even a holocaust thread listed on the forum statistics page as both one of the most viewed, and most replied to, threads.

This means that, whenever everyone piles on Nappa what you are actually doing is; making it far more likely that the first words anyone on this forum will read are Nappa's, making the forum look like it's obsessed with the holocaust.

Real smooth people.
Controversy gets peoples' attention.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2013, 08:11 PM
(07-02-2013 08:05 PM)kineo Wrote:  Controversy gets peoples' attention.
No it's just that people don't respond well when you attack their religious beliefs. The moon landing is controversial, but no one gets worked up like a Zealous Christian on the Crusades over that.

I've already stated this before in a previous post of mine. The Tri-Religious Concordant.

You Holocaustians and you Terroristians all make me sick.
07-02-2013, 08:13 PM

I suspect the reason for the popularity of such threads on here is partly that, and partly that people like to be angry (or, more accurately, to vent anger). It's a good feeling when you really fire off at someone and let your anger out, it can even be addictive it's so good. I imagine that people inadvertently seek out controversial threads because it allows them to fire off at someone (and get their anger hit) in a reasonably consequence free environment. This is probably made even worse if someone's having a bad day and has a lot of pent up frustration anyway.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
07-02-2013, 08:17 PM
(07-02-2013 08:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

I suspect the reason for the popularity of such threads on here is partly that, and partly that people like to be angry (or, more accurately, to vent anger). It's a good feeling when you really fire off at someone and let your anger out, it can even be addictive it's so good. I imagine that people inadvertently seek out controversial threads because it allows them to fire off at someone (and get their anger hit) in a reasonably consequence free environment. This is probably made even worse if someone's having a bad day and has a lot of pent up frustration anyway.
Yeah, whatever makes you feel like your not being religious right?

difference between me and you.

You have faith that people tell the truth! ... I don't...

EVERYBODY LIES!

07-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Hughsie says as he posts in a holocaust thread.
lolwut?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
07-02-2013, 08:27 PM
(07-02-2013 08:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hughsie says as he posts in a holocaust thread.
lolwut?

It had already reached 22 pages. It's not like there was much of a risk of me drawing more undue attention to it.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
07-02-2013, 08:28 PM
(07-02-2013 08:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hughsie says as he posts in a holocaust thread.
lolwut?
earmuffs, I'm beginning to equate your existence with that of a parasite.
07-02-2013, 08:31 PM
(07-02-2013 08:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
lolwut?

It had already reached 22 pages. It's not like there was much of a risk of me drawing more undue attention to it.
Just seems rather hypocritical. Laughat

And besides, it's not like anyone cares what thread has how many views/posts apart from the trolls that start them in the first place.

07-02-2013, 08:33 PM
(07-02-2013 08:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just seems rather hypocritical. Laughat

And besides, it's not like anyone cares what thread has how many views/posts apart from the trolls that start them in the first place.

It just seems ironic that the people who have the biggest issue with Nappa's views respond by ......... making sure they get more exposure.

Seems a little self-defeating.

Best
Worst
07-02-2013, 08:35 PM
(07-02-2013 08:33 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-02-2013 08:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just seems rather hypocritical. Laughat

It just seems ironic that the people who have the biggest issue with Nappa's views respond by ......... making sure they get more exposure.

Seems a little self-defeating.
Nah not really.

People like Nappa if this thread failed would just spam other threads for attention.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post