That awkward moment when...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2012, 01:01 AM
RE: That awkward moment when...
(24-02-2012 07:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Thanks rook. I'd like to say I took the high road, but I kinda ruined that by beating the ever lovin piss outta the guy behind the church. Felt fucking great though! LOL

Hahahahha, that's awesome. You totally kicked his arse. Well fucking done!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2012, 08:15 AM
(24-02-2012 08:42 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 07:46 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  It just doesn't matter if it's me for some reason... I wonder if that's low self esteem.

No man, that's power. Smile

I would agree with you if I actually thought it through all the time, but most of the time, it's second nature to me. I automatically try to find a way out when I see any indication of tension. I'm actually pretty good at it and found that no matter how close to fighting someone is, if you find something that they can connect with on the spot, they will tend to forget it. It sounds fucked up, but it's like my dog when he's ready to go running after an animal and I distract him with something else. If I do it when I notice that he's heading in that direction and I don't allow him to lose attention, then even when the animal comes nearer, he no longer has the urge to go after it. That's how I got him to stop chasing birds in the yard. After a while, he just ignored them. When other dogs are around, it's not so easy to control him especially since I don't have him on a leash and the other dogs aren't either. I probably should make an effort to train him with the leash. That would make life so much easier... I think.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
25-02-2012, 08:56 AM
My awkward moment:

I was in a pub with some friends and an American exchange student was explaining American alcohol laws.
She explained how the drinking age is 21, but if you're catholic and your parents give you alcohol for religious reasons, or jewish or something, that's ok. As long as they're not corrupting you with alcohol!

So I was busy with my pint and I wasn't really thinking, and I offhandedly said:
"Yeah, they're only corrupting them with religion. As if that's any better."

One guy, who I know is a druid, laughed nervously while everyone else fell silent and glared at me uncomfortably. Thankfully someone changed the subject Tongue

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post
25-02-2012, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 07:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-02-2012 07:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Thanks rook. I'd like to say I took the high road, but I kinda ruined that by beating the ever lovin piss outta the guy behind the church. Felt fucking great though! LOL

Not sure I woulda kicked his ass but I think mighta held him down while I forced stale crackers into his mouth. A lot of stale crackers, a box of stale crackers. And when he pleaded for drink, "If you don't eat the body, you can't have the blood! How can you have the blood if you don't eat the body!" ... 'course he mighta choked to death so your way was probably better.

(24-02-2012 07:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oh boy!

When my mom lay on her death bed in a hospital, she waved me up close and whispered:

"Please go stand outside the door and prevent the priest from coming in. I don't want to listen to that stuff now."

Reminds me of one account of Voltaire's last words where a priest comes in on Voltaire's deathbed asking him to use his last few minutes of life to renounce Satan, "Now, now, my good man, this is not the time for making enemies."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-02-2012, 12:26 AM
(25-02-2012 07:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not sure I woulda kicked his ass but I think mighta held him down while I forced stale crackers into his mouth. A lot of stale crackers, a box of stale crackers. And when he pleaded for drink, "If you don't eat the body, you can't have the blood! How can you have the blood if you don't eat the body!"

26-02-2012, 01:11 AM
(25-02-2012 07:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "If you don't eat the body, you can't have the blood! How can you have the blood if you don't eat the body!"

Diggin' the Floyd reference.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel